CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Bread van sidswipes me

First and foremost Im fine and so are the other two who were involved, my head is still pumping like i having some sort of minor headache. But ill live...

anyway here's what happened, Im exiting on a three lane off ramp heading towards the stoplight going 35mph on the far right lane, i was no more than 10 yards from the light which was already green, when a huge bread van in the middle lane decides to blindly turn into my right lane. right then I was less than a couple feet away from the already turning van i had no choice but to whip the wheel to the right, no time to brake nor honk...but it was too late the bastard hits my driver side door and continues to turn at the same time throwing me around to where i was now facing north and in the middle lane (previuosly heading east) where i hit two other cars. What really sucks is that the SOB kept going for a reason, so he could flee the scene. Luckliy the cars in back of us all got the name of the bread company and the plate number. COPS are looking for that dirtbag as I type.

heres a poor illustration i drew up real quick of how it started

fdsf.th.jpg

It happeend so fast, im only 17 never been in a accident, i felt bad for the other two drivers and my car was wrecked....i felt like crying, but i held up strong...i was more upset the one who hit me ran off.

IMG_0795.2.JPG

IMG_0792.2.JPG

IMG_0800.JPG

IMG_0799.3.JPG

IMG_0796.2.JPG

Ill keep you guys updated

There seems to be a rash of Cadillac's getting bashed up... I'm really sorry but I'm glad you held up ok. If they got the company name and plate number you may very well soon own a significant portion of it. From the looks of it, you'll have your car back up like it was yesterday, too.

I got in my first accident in my 93 STS when I was 17, too. Ironically enough I was struck by... dada! another 93 STS. After I had my grill, bumper assembly, and radiator replaced and all fixed up I was back.

Don't worry, they will catch him.

What is going on? Open Season on Caddies? First the Goose, & now you. And by Hit & Run dirtbags.

I'm glad that you are OK. You are lucky to be unhurt. I hope they find the creep that hit you. Hopefully you have full coverage, as it should make it easier to get your car fixed or replaced.

Good Luck,

Britt

Britt

In most places insurance rates are so high that if someone hits you, they will usually flee the scene of the accident only because they are afraid their rates will go even higher. It stinks.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

I've seen it... unfortunately I live next to the auto insurance fraud captial of Massachusetts and the reason our rates are so high - Lawrence, MA. This is also where I got into my accident... as soon as I was hit my first thought was "he's going to run." Fortunately he did not.

Ya, its open season.

Saturday I got bumped from the rear by a (*&^$ Mercedes - blonde chick driving. Good thing is no damage - but - I wonder if this is an astrological thing or what?

Wow :(

That is some heavy damage! That is good you're not hurt, or the others, but what a crappy situation...and you didn't even see it coming! :(

You're out in California, eh? I spent a week out there for spring break and was blown away by the traffic, and the nut-bar drivers. It seems like every one is fending for themselves out there on the freeways, rather than "acting like a team" lol

I thought I was having a bad week, until I saw what CAN happen, between you and Spruce Goose!

Both the STS and our DTS have been hit in the last week too!

I was sitting at a stop light when a dumb soccer-mom behind me let her Windstar idle into the back of me...now I have a set of licence plate bolts stamped into the rear.

The DTS on the other hand had it a little worse. My Dad came back to it after parking downtown in the street, to find someone had rear-ended it while parked. The bumper is now a little cockeyed, creased on the upper lip, and scuffed up too.

On top of that, a few days later while parked in a parking lot, another unidentified jerk clopped the front right corner with a nice big scrape.

These are only cuts and bruses relative to you're incident Cadillac STS, but what the hell is going on?

Pretty soon were all going to be investing in those wrap-around protective bumpers that they use on go-carts!

" ...'took my Cobra down t' the track, hitched to the back o' my Cadillac..."

- Jan & Dean, 'hey little cobra'

Scott

darn, that sucks what that person did. If it's a company truck, then you should be fine. Even if the person can't be found, the comnpany can still be held liable. AT least your okay though, and no one was hurt. So far, I've been lucky, and have not been hit by anyone. I was driven off the road into a ditch once, but the person didn't really make contact with my car. I have a bad feeling though, that with the people who live and drive around here (they mostly go to my school), that my car will probably be totaled by next year. I had the pleasure of watching some a**hole open the passenger car door of his friends Camaro, ride into the side of my car, with me standing right next to him. He looked at me and said "Sorry". I said back to him, "Sorry doesn't cut it a**hole. Next time it happens, my steel toe boot is going through your door!" That shut him up pretty darn quick. Some people just have no respect for other people car's. I can't stand it. :angry:

Wow, Cadillac STS! :o Sorry to hear of your misfortune too! That car is pretty banged up, but like me, at least you didn't get physically injured yourself...

Sounds like another idiot driver makes trash out of a fine loking STS. I'm sure they'll get him if you got all that info. Unlike me, I have very little to go on. :unsure: I doubt that they'll ever catch the weasel that fled the scene on mine. :angry:

That body damage does look pretty extensive. :( The ins. adjuster may total that. It may be a blessing in disguise if you are truely set on getting a new ride, and you stick to your guns for a real decent settlement in your favor. With this guy trying to flee the scene, they're hopefully going to throw the book at him! :P

'09 Cadillac CTS-4 3.6 direct injection, 128 K mi.
'15 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 5.3i V8, 125 K mi
'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

BTW how did you know i was frm so Cali? LOL SO TRUE ABOUT THE TRAFFIC

Its terrible <_<

You've mentioned before that you out there on the west coast B)

" ...'took my Cobra down t' the track, hitched to the back o' my Cadillac..."

- Jan & Dean, 'hey little cobra'

Scott

BTW how did you know i was frm so Cali? LOL SO TRUE ABOUT THE TRAFFIC

Its terrible  <_<

You've mentioned before that you out there on the west coast B)

ahh yes that’s right I do recall mentioning Im from So cali a bit too many times on these forums haven’t I? :D

Anyway as i came home from school this afternoon and approached the driveway in my uncles Nissan Sentra that he so kindly lend me, I caught my dad before he went off to his business meeting, i gave him a quick wave and he replied by telling me that "...we need to talk about the car/accident tonight".

Sounded serious, seems the insurance company called my dad back up today because last night they didn’t get to speak very much on the phone due to the insurance company being backed up with a crap load of claims (So Cali drivers :rolleyes: )

Anyway Ill keep you guys up to date on what happens, still want to find out what is going on with the driver who hit me

:blink:

Archived