CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

98 seville sls

brookearly

I have had that happen to me once when my water pump went out and I was over heating. The computer also turned off the AC and cranked up the heater.

I can't remember if it also happens when traction control is engaged or not. My traction control will engage if I pull out of a parking lot too quickly and the combination of the turn and grade difference makes the car bounce around some. As soon as traction control stops the 90 MPH limiter stops also.

i had 63000 on my 98 sls when i got that message...Mine never went off tho...Dealer traced it to cvrss module....it was a $857.00 part....Extended warranty picked up that...look for codes .... my codes were dtc abs c1252 1253

and current u1255 hopefully you will not see those..

Good Luck,

Russ

I have owned my '99 for about 2.5 years now, and saw that message pop up twice. I cleared the codes and ran it up past 90 just to be sure...no problems. Both times for me, it happened in freezing weather. So it's either a sensor, a loose wire/bad connector/a part with water in it/or just a loss of communications. I will get an AMP code once in a great while but that's considered pretty normal. I'm betting on temporary loss of communications.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

Archived