CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Donuts

jonny

Is it possible ot do donuts in my sts? if so are they any good? ;)

No. Donuts are where the rear drive tires break loose from the surface and you have the front weels angled for a turn. The spinning (and burning) tires will then drive the rear end sidways causing the car to pivot around the front end.

Your 93 is a front wheel drive. There is no way to get the rear tires to spin.

A donut in reverse might be possible, but not very smart.

If you try it in reverse, be sure to get a video of it so you can explain it to your insurance company. :P

Britt

PS: I would suggest some where with a LOT of room! <_<

Britt

A donut in reverse with a FWD car?? Wouldn't that be like driving a fork truck???

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I don't know why anyone would WANT to try it.

But if Johnny wants to attempt it in his car, ( It IS your car, isn't it, Johnny? <_< ) let him have at it.

I am thinking that the torque steer will be QUITE pronounced. It will probably straighten it's self out & launch itself in a totally random direction. :blink: And other than the potential for doing MAJOR drive train damage, the potential for rear ending the STS into something or someone :( is pretty good!

Let us know where the salvage is when you are done Johnny. B)

Britt

Britt

Its funny Britt, I wrote a response more or less like yours and I said, hey I was once a kid too, does this guy really care what I have to say? I read my response and said, I sound like an old FOT...

Its a 1993, first year NS, this is not a Japanese burner its a heavy car. You ask are they any good? :blink: Oh yea they are great for your car.... The stress on the CV joints at full lock it tremendous, someone already mentioned blowing a steering pump, how about engine mounts, for what to show off? I once lost control of a 66 Grand Prix showboating and went over a LOG...HEADON... Buy a Japanese burner if you are into this stuff. My 25 yo son was into DONUTS a few years ago, and I looked at him like he was an a-hole, WTF for? DUH, I can overpower the wheels and do a circle for what purpose? I never got the reasoning. Yep I am an old FOT..

Do something more interesting if you want to beat on it. Try setting fire to it and drive it over a cliff, now that I would want to see...be different :lol:

There was actually a link posted to a video of some guy doing doughnuts in reverse with a FWD Caddy. He was good at it too! They were beautiful, a true work of art, a masterpiece of inginuity and creativity, I was amazed and almost driven to tears by the sight! They were GREAT doughnuts. Nobody else could ever do one so well. I suppose that's why he had a website to show them off. I think his nick was BeAsT or something like that. A true doughnut legend. Last I heard he was driving a Neon. Maybe a search of the "old" archives is in order.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

There was actually a link posted to a video of some guy doing doughnuts in reverse with a FWD Caddy. He was good at it too! They were beautiful, a true work of art, a masterpiece of inginuity and creativity, I was amazed and almost driven to tears by the sight! They were GREAT doughnuts. Nobody else could ever do one so well. I suppose that's why he had a website to show them off. I think his nick was BeAsT or something like that. A true doughnut legend. Last I heard he was driving a Neon. Maybe a search of the "old" archives is in order.

I remember that! I had actually save it to my HD, but I can't find it now. :(

Maybe our caddyinfo-thread-finding-expert scotty can dig it up. :)

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

THANKS SCOTTY!!!! I knew you'd find it.....now it's back on my HD....LOL, maybe I'll burn it to a VCD and watch it on my DVD player on the Big screen.....LOL.

It really is an awesome video!

-dave B)

I just clicked on the link, and it asked me if I wanted to save or open the file......

BUT, I am using the firefox browser (www.mozilla.org). This is a perfect example of why firefox is more secure than IE. :) IE just opens/installes everything in its path, wether it's videos, or SPYWARE!

If you want I can email it to you (2.34MB .avi file).

-dave B)

LOL, I was about to post about the right click on link thing! Glad you figured it out scotty!

Here's what happened when I clicked on the link in firefox:

firefox.jpg

I've done donuts going forwards in the snow but you need to be covering the brakes (e and regular) and on and off the gas and constantly changing steering inputs.

With a rwd once you get to where you can feather the gas and it stabilizes you can sit there with the front wheels straight and no hands for as long as you want.

I like drifting as well, it's a blast.

As for the doom and gloom, I've beaten the snot out of this car and it has taken it. It looks no different now than when I got it and drives great too.

Do what makes you happy but be careful and use good judgment.

Cad1

92 Deville w/210k miles

Archived