CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

I'm having strut issues on my 2019 cadillac xts Lux

Not familiar with that style mount. I assume you have been changing the upper mount part. 

Different vehicle......but a similar odd quirk. The GM SUVs (traverse, enclave, etc) could suffer from locked struts if the vehicle was jacked up for a day or so. 

The strut would still move if jacked up or let down. But the strut itself was pretty much locked up. Rode like you had a solid suspension. 

The strut itself would appear perfectly normal. Many a vehicle was jacked up for a oil change or tire swap.....only to ride like *smurf* afterwards. 

GM had a bulletin about it......internal debris (light rust) would block the valving......replacing the strut was the only solution. 

Not saying that is your problem......but kind of similar issue. 

Well yeah.....it looks like something is missing. That's why I mentioned I was not familiar with that mount style. 

Is that a actual picture of your strut? Surely it would be noisy. Have you looked at the other side?

Looks like some type of press fit that failed.....hence the locked strut theory. 

I don't have any GM service info for the 2019. There are some exploded views on Google pictures.  

Anyway......certainly looks like some parts are missing. I attached a couple of pictures of what's listed as a strut for a 2019 XTS. Also a pic of what I think it's suppose to look like. 

Also.....there are a few posts on Google about the struts locking up on the XTS......kinda like the GM SUVs.  

strut.JPG

strut2.JPG

strut3.JPG