CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Northstar and a Southstar

Car and Driver Eldorado Article

"the Eldo worked quite well as a twin-engined car, so that's the way he left it. That's his story, and he's sticking to it. And you can see the appeal of his reasoning: Two engines add up to 575 horsepower (in this case) and four-wheel drive."

Anyone seen this before? I would love to see some pics.

Spence

Yeah, I have that issue. It is from a few years back, so I'll have to do some trial and error until I find it, but I remember the article had pics of the inside (with the gauges for the other engine where the glove box is), the engine in the trunk, and pics of the outside. It was sort of funny looking because of the surgery they did to the rear of the car.

" ...'took my Cobra down t' the track, hitched to the back o' my Cadillac..."

- Jan & Dean, 'hey little cobra'

Scott

I thought I would never meet a white wine I didn't like until I drank Retsina… Likewise, I never thought there would be a Caddy I didn’t like until I saw this… They couldn’t even figure out how to tap into the "first" Vehicle Speed Sensor for the second motor without installing a second gauge cluster… and that wheelbase… two words... Ugh Lee!

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

Forget the PM link....go right to the source. The site seems really hard to find on Google.....

I had it in my favorites on another web server...

http://www.moslerauto.com/mosautoweb/html/twin_announce.htm

They couldn’t even figure out how to tap into the "first" Vehicle Speed Sensor for the second motor without installing a second gauge cluster…

Yea that is suprising, I just figured they could not get it to work meshing the ETC motor and tranny with a non-ETC motor and tranny. I wonder what they did for a gear ratio... :huh:

Spence

I actually saw one of those about 3 years ago down here in South Florida. The guy who builds them - it was his mistress riding around in it. Spoke w/her briefly about it over lunch. She didn't have much of an idea what she was driving.

Funky as hell to look at up close, all the grating/vents on the trunklid and out back for the motor back there.

Posted about that experience here though we may have still been on the old server.

~Doc

Archived