CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Hi all, I’m having this code come up consistently for a couple months now, and concerned about it. It’s saying “cam/crankshaft position sensor correlation B bank 1” on my code reader. This is on my 09 CTS 3.6L with 153k mi.  Engine is still all original so thinking this may be the beginnings of the timing chain/tensioners wearing out? Other than a little rougher idle and slightly less mpg, runs ok. 
I’ve been laid up for a mo. with knee replacement surgery but need to begin driving again soon. Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot further? 
What is the typical repair cost if it is the chains? 
thanks! 

'09 Cadillac CTS-4 3.6 direct injection, 128 K mi.
'15 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 5.3i V8, 125 K mi
'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

Yes.....that is one of the codes that starts showing up. 

GM did a special policy on the chains. Up to maybe 110K kind of thing. Yours is way out of warranty coverage. 

Our '09 Traverse had the same engine and had the chains replaced under warranty. But that seems like years ago...7-8 years... maybe longer.

I think yours is a RWD version. That would certainly make it easier to repair. Likey could be done in the car. 

Lots on Google. 

timingchain1.jpg

Thanks Logan, yes I remember hearing of the warranty of this. Although I didn’t have any probs until recent. 
My CTS is an AWD version. Yes, I believe if it is this, it can be accomplished without pulling the motor. I’ve seen a couple YouTube videos but looks pretty challenging for sure, especially in my current physical condition. 
curious what the test methods would be to diagnose this is the problem for sure though? 

'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

So I called my local dealer to run this buy them. There service manger gave me a quote of $3500! Yikes! 
He’s did say this included a new water pump as well, considering the mileage and being this far into it. Still, 11 hrs to complete the job… said they drop the whole engine cradle to do the job. 
The search continues…🙁

The FWD vehicles using this engine......yeah.....drop the cradle. 

The GM dealership service info shows it either way for RWD '09 CTS......in the car and out of the car. 

Update........came across a pic of the job being done with the engine / trans / cradle in a CTS. 

Don't know what the book time is to do the job.....but 11 hours seems kinda light. 

cts2.JPG