CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Weird ac blower problem 94 STS

JBuckley

Well, this all started when I have to replace my ignition lock cylinder, when I got it back togeather, I had no brake lights, but my ac worked fine, so the next morning I went and picked up a new turn signal switch and the ac was working fine, later that afternoon after finishing with the turn signal switch replacement, the ac blower does not work, in any mode, the compressor is cycling on and off like it is suppose to, the air doors move when you change modes, just no blower function in AC or heat or econ.

I ran the overide for blower function and still no joy!

I have ran it to max AC at 60 degress and at max heat at 90 and still not blower function.

Any ideas or thoughts on what to check next would be great.

John

John

See if you have power to the blower motor. If you do, likely the blower motor just gave up the ghost. Been a lot of that going around lately. Maybe it's contagious. :o

Ranger, that was my next move, planning on checking that out tomorrow, just so odd that the blower was when I cut off the car and disconnected the battery, and then 3 hours later not working, At first I thought I had pulled a wire or connection lose, but when I checked the manual, there were no blower wiring or connections around where I was working. It is weird that they(GM) has the blower controls running througt the class 2 data bus(Uart).

Oh well, at least I can start the car now and I have brake lights now, but it hit 90 here today and I need to get my air back.

John

John

The timing does sound a little suspicious I have to admit.

Did you ever get the water pump socket made from the drawing I sent you? If so, have you used it and how did it work? Haven't had to use mine yet.

Ranger,

I got the water pump socket made, but thank goodness I have not have to use it!

I just wanted to be ready in case I needed it, now I need to get this blower going it is starting to get warm down in SC.

John

John

Archived