CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Found One!

CadiKing

Hi Everyone!

Well I found a car to check out for the kids...

1994 Eldorado 43,380 miles

Silver color with tan(?) interior. Paint looks perfect!

I thought it was repainted, but I could find no evidence of it.

Mock Top and luggage rack on the trunk lid. <_<:(

After market rims that do NOTHING for the car... :angry:

Tires are nearly new. Needs a slight front end alignment,

as the right front starting to feather on the outside. Wear is

even, not like a worn part causing a wobble. I assume alignment.

Car was sitting in the rain, locked, so I couldn't get too far.

I could find no flaws, other than the poor choice of rims...

Seller is asking $8,900. or best offer. I know it is not worth

$8,900, but considering the low miles... It fits the bill. I would

rather pay more for the low miles and not have to start replacing

parts right away.

How can I tell what options it has or doesn't?

What accessory levels of Eldorados were there in 1994?

Should I even consider a 1994?

I assume it has a 4.9l. Would that be correct?

I read every post I possibly can,

but I am not familiar with the '94's. (It is hard to keep it all straight.)

I planned to buy two Caddy's, 1996 or newer, but I am considering

this 1994.

I plan to call today for an appointment today.

I would appreciate your comments.

Thank you in advance...

According to this, the 94 Eldo had the NS

http://100megsfree4.com/cadillac/cad1990/cad94e.htm

Early on sailors navigated by the stars at night and the North star became the symbol for finding ones way home. Once you know where the Northstar is you can point your ship in the right direction to get home. So the star became a symbol for finding ones way home or more symbolically even finding ones path in life.

Cadyking,

It should have a 32 Valve Northstar badge on the trunk lid if it is N* equipped.

My 94 SLS owners manual only lists the 4.6 N*. No mention of a 4.9.

I was thinking that the N* was standard in the Eldo by 94.

Be sure to feel around the lower edges of the "mock top" for any bulging or lumps. The Vinyl has a tendency to trap moisture and cause rust to form. I have seen otherwise good bodies that has holes rusted through right under the vinyl. :(

I would think that $8900 is a bit much, even for a low mileage car.

Anyone?

Britt

Britt

I have been trapped by the 'low mileage' hook a couple of times. What I have learned is that while it certainly does have low mileage, chronologically its still a 12 model year old car and things just AGE, bearings dry up, o-rings dry up, grease solidifies, etc. I would look at the true book value and offer that with this thought in mind... just my 2 cents

Early on sailors navigated by the stars at night and the North star became the symbol for finding ones way home. Once you know where the Northstar is you can point your ship in the right direction to get home. So the star became a symbol for finding ones way home or more symbolically even finding ones path in life.

Kelly Blue Book lists this car at about $6000.

The '94 Eldorado should have a Northstar. It's a great car, I love mine. The later years have more bells and whistles, mildly updated interior and exterior, but they are all basically the same car.

I would be careful about paying too much, though, unless there is some outstanding reason to justify it. Any eleven year old car is likely to need some work, even with the low miles.

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

although the car has low milage it is at the point its going to need repairs, just that time in a cars life) I DONT THINK THE CAR IS WOTH MORE THAN $5000

but i dont think you would get the car for that the owners starting price is too high so he must think its worth gold just my .02

Just short of 4000 miles a year. 10 miles a day. That equals about 5 miles a trip, on average. That is short tripping in my book. I would say that you may get some $urpri$e$.

I'm sure that the car is worth something, just not quite that much. If you decide to buy it, I would suggest that you insist on not paying any more than the BB price.

Below is what Kelly BB lists for a Southern Illinois zip. It could be less in your area due to climate, salt, air quality, etc. I didn't know how the car was equipped, so I took a guess.

By the way, if you don't care for the wheels, tell him. He may have the originals and throw them in with the deal.

Good Luck,

Britt

Engine: V8 4.6L Northstar

Trans: Automatic

Drive: Front Wheel Drive

Mileage: 44,000

Search Listings for This Car

List Your Car For Sale Online

Quick New Car Price Quote

Free CARFAX Record Check

Auto Loans from 4.49% APR

Insurance Quote

Print "For Sale" Sign

Payment Calculator

Equipment

Air Conditioning

Power Steering

Power Windows

Power Door Locks

Tilt Wheel

Cruise Control

AM/FM Stereo

Cassette

Single Compact Disc

Dual Front Air Bags

ABS (4-Wheel)

Leather

Dual Power Seats

Imitation Conv

Rear Spoiler

Alloy Wheels

Consumer Rated Condition: Excellent

"Excellent" condition means that the vehicle looks new, is in excellent mechanical condition and needs no reconditioning. This vehicle has never had any paint or body work and is free of rust. The vehicle has a clean title history and will pass a smog and safety inspection. The engine compartment is clean, with no fluid leaks and is free of any wear or visible defects. The vehicle also has complete and verifiable service records. Less than 5% of all used vehicles fall into this category.

Private Party Value Search Local Listings for This Car $6,230

Private Party Value is what a buyer can expect to pay when buying a used car from a private party. The Private Party Value assumes the vehicle is sold "As Is" and carries no warranty (other than the continuing factory warranty). The final sale price may vary depending on the vehicle's actual condition and local market conditions. This value may also be used to derive Fair Market Value for insurance and vehicle donation purposes.

Britt

did u see this one with warranty its a post on the 2nd or 3rd page i tried to dupe the link but it wouldnt work

Just short of 4000 miles a year. 10 miles a day. That equals about 5 miles a trip, on average. That is short tripping in my book. I would say that you may get some $urpri$e$.

I'm sure that the car is worth something, just not quite that much. If you decide to buy it, I would suggest that you insist on not paying any more than the BB price.

Below is what Kelly BB lists for a Southern Illinois zip. It could be less in your area due to climate, salt, air quality, etc. I didn't know how the car was equipped, so I took a guess.

By the way, if you don't care for the wheels, tell him. He may have the originals and throw them in with the deal.

Good Luck,

Britt

Engine: V8 4.6L Northstar

Trans: Automatic

Drive: Front Wheel Drive

Mileage: 44,000

Air Conditioning Power Steering Power Windows Power Door Locks Tilt Wheel

Cruise Control AM/FM Stereo Cassette Single Compact Disc Dual Front Air Bags

ABS (4-Wheel) Leather Dual Power Seats Imitation Conv Rear Spoiler Alloy Wheels

Consumer Rated Condition: Excellent

"Excellent" condition means that the vehicle looks new, is in excellent mechanical condition and needs no reconditioning. This vehicle has never had any paint or body work and is free of rust. The vehicle has a clean title history and will pass a smog and safety inspection. The engine compartment is clean, with no fluid leaks and is free of any wear or visible defects. The vehicle also has complete and verifiable service records. Less than 5% of all used vehicles fall into this category.

Private Party Value Search Local Listings for This Car $6,230

Thanks to all of you enthusiasts! :D

Your comments are great! Thanks for all the information also...

The car looked sooo good in person, I was really getting hopped up!

You all have managed to get me anchored to the planet again.

I called and talked to the seller. He seems very anal about cleanliness

and maintainance. Bought it last summer from a local 'collector'. He owns

the business it is sitting out front of.

At least he didn't say to meet him in an apartment...(Cardio-Hero). LOL

" It has one new brake line, leaking,,, :(<_<

and new rotors and pads because it sat all winter and the rotors

were rusty... "I'm concerned about the remaining brake lines, etc...

Oil changes at Lube Stop...3,000 miles, reciepts...

New tires and wheels, will throw in the old wheels...and tires(30% tread)

" Bought new because the originals had a peeling problem from

day one. "

Replaced mufflers..." Stainless steel pipes, not mufflers...reciept...

" you can eat off the engine, top or bottom...trunk is just as clean "

No wrecks...

Concerned about taking it for a drive because he dropped insurance

because it is sitting. I think my insurance would handle and accdent anyway,

since I would be driving?????

Well, I will go see it this weekend..He hasn't put it in the paper yet..

Any more comments?

I wonder what it would cost to have wheels re-chromed?

Thanks a million!

Mock Top and luggage rack on the trunk lid.

By "Mock Top" I'm assuming you mean the canvas top that obscures the rear windshield molding.

A word of caution: The rear windshield, should it ever require replacement, will run you in the thou$ands. The glass shop will have to send the vehicle to a body shop to have the top "basket" removed; back to the glass shop for windshield replacement; back to the body shop to reinstall the basket. UGH!

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Mock Top and luggage rack on the trunk lid.

By "Mock Top" I'm assuming you mean the canvas top that obscures the rear windshield molding.

A word of caution: The rear windshield, should it ever require replacement, will run you in the thou$ands. The glass shop will have to send the vehicle to a body shop to have the top "basket" removed; back to the glass shop for windshield replacement; back to the body shop to reinstall the basket. UGH!

Regards,

Warren

Thanks for the info...

Didn't get to see the car yet..

I'll keep you posted when I do..

Archived