CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

And on the 5th day of new engine, New Code

Matt

And on the 5th day with new engine I'v a new code. Just tonight it came up, code 1039. This code = Speed Sensitive Suspension Signal Line Problem. This code Diagnostic book I got is a big help. Since the engine was just replaced I started looking at the two tops of the front struts. I removed the black plastic covers to check the wires and plugs, they look fine. I see no dammage at all. I followed the wires a ways back and see no problems. On Friday I will trace them back as far as I can. Is there any info on this that any one can share on a " Signal Line Problem"?. I will have to look at the back to, in case something happened in the rear. I wonder, are there fuses for this? I recently had a fuse go for no other apparent reason other then it was an old fuse. I better look at the book. Thanks Guys..... Matt

Matt,

The first thing that comes to mind is a pinched wire.

Did they drop the cradle?

It could be a road height sensor, but I don't think that it would throw that code. Maybe if it was disconnected?

You will have to look ALL the wiring over very carefully. :(

Britt

Britt

Hi Britt, I just came back in from looking it over again. I just had to go look some more. I'm very tired and will have to look it all over very good Friday and do some more testing. Thanks

Matt, soon I am going to suggest:

1) you tie a thick rope TIGHTLY on each corner of the car,

2) fill it with potting soil,

3) hang it from a strong tree limb, and

4) plant flowers in it and find a lounge chair! :lol:

Mike, thanks for the laugh. That is so true. It's just the car is really nice and I like it so. It also moves out to wich I like very much. This engine is a lot better then the old one. This problem does not seem so bad compared to recent problems. This is related to the engine change I'm sure. Something happened to a wire I bet. Thanks again for the chuckle. I needed that. I'm still laughing!!!!!!

Archived