CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Temperature

tom karen

I am not sure how close the '98 Eldo is to the '99 SLS but on my duaghters car I beleive it is accessed by the info button and is displayed between the speedo & tach......... I think. I do know it is accessable and I can't beleive it is not on your car.

On Page 2-71 of your manual is this statement, do you have the PDF copy of your owners manual, I just searched your manual for Driver Information Center

If you don't have it go here

http://myweb.accessus.net/~090/resources-cad.html

post-3-1114130969_thumb.jpg

Early on sailors navigated by the stars at night and the North star became the symbol for finding ones way home. Once you know where the Northstar is you can point your ship in the right direction to get home. So the star became a symbol for finding ones way home or more symbolically even finding ones path in life.

Sorry for the confusion I have the readout, it just doesn't display the temp, digitally.

You can cycle through range, mpg ,etc, etc. It just doesn't show temp.

Wanted to know if it isn't possible to make it show this because it has a temp. guage.

Sorry for the confusion I have the readout, it just doesn't display the temp, digitally.

You can cycle through range, mpg ,etc, etc. It just doesn't show temp.

Wanted to know if it isn't possible to make it show this because it has a temp. guage.

This may need to be programed to show up (Tech 2?). Your manual states that it is available unless that is an error, but I doubt it.

Early on sailors navigated by the stars at night and the North star became the symbol for finding ones way home. Once you know where the Northstar is you can point your ship in the right direction to get home. So the star became a symbol for finding ones way home or more symbolically even finding ones path in life.

Are you talking about OAT or engine temp? I was under the impression you were talking about OAT and that is what I, and I think Scotty are refering to.

Are you talking about OAT or engine temp? I was under the impression you were talking about OAT and that is what I, and I think Scotty are refering to.

Whats OAT? I am talking about Coolant Temp...

Whats OAT? I am talking about Coolant Temp...

OAT=Outside Air Tempurature. Sorry, aviation acronyms. So used to this stuff at work I have a hard time seperating the two. I have to keep going back to correct spelling or no one would understand what I was saying.

Information center displays in the following order- range.mpg,instant mpg,fuel used, average mph, timer,battery,oil life,english/metric,blank screen.

Can this be made to display the engine water temperature digitally even if you have a temperature guage ? <_>

I dont remeber exactly how I did it but I remember going into IPC overides and adding a specific value to a number which enabled you to see coolant temp on the DIC.

I think I got the info from the old board, the search over there is not working for me now.

I just did an extensive search of the archives, I bet Logan can help with this...

that post wAS just a couple of monthsa ago it worked for my 97 im not sure u can do it on a 98 u might need a scan tool

to add temp to dic

found the post worked for me :D

YES!~ This is the post I was looking for! BRILLIANT! Have a Guinness!

Archived