CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

I purchased a 2005 Cadillac DeVille painted Mary Kay pink. The story I have is that it was made in Canada and painted there but then shipped to Texas to be finished and then given to Mary Kay so she would come back to Cadillac after switching to Pontiac for 4 years. The door serial number verifies the car was started in Canada and paint there and the sticker for production finishing is from Dallas Texas. I'm searching for information on this car as it seems to be the only one made. It was definitely not a repaint because the Pearl paint is throughout the whole car. If anyone has any other information I would appreciate it. Thank you

I think GM actually paints the cars pink at the factory. They will paint any car any color if there is money to be made. 

I think they actually get repainted after Mary Kay is done with the car. 

I think the pink color code is actually patented. You cannot walk into a GM dealer and have the car painted Mary Kay pink. 

Bunch of them collected and used at Aretha Franklin funeral

Lots on Google... 

markkay.JPG

marykay2.JPG

I believe all the Devilles were made at Detroit/Hamtramck.    By rule Mary Kay cars are repainted white before being auctioned off, although there is a theory that if bought off lease it could be retained as pink.   I  

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

• 2 months later...