CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Gas Tank Not Filling With Gas?!?!?!

Gotta be a vent line or a fill line that is plugged. I don't know if this is possible but could a baffled have come loose and be blocking the inlet opening? Will it take gas if you meter it in very slowly?

Ok, that would lead me to start looking at the EVAP system. Check the EVAP valve and purge solenoid on the right cam cover (near the EGR valve).

stinkin,

I had to remove the tank on my 94 for a fuel pump replacement. It had a vent hose that ran from the tank back to the filler vent. There was also a big check ball where the fill pipe attaches to the tank. The check ball is there to prevent fuel from running out if the car is upside down after an accident. It could be the check ball is sticking or the vent pipe is closed off somehow. I would vote for the vent pipe being closed off.

Has anything happened to the car recently? Hit on the left quarter? Something out of the ordinary has happened to cause your problem.

You will need to check out the vent pipe first, and then the check ball and actual filler pipe.

Good Luck,

Britt

Britt

Archived