CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

got any ideas???

Here we go, 95 sts, engine light is on and the computer says shift solenoids "a" & "b" are gone and need to be replaced. Did that tonight, only to still have the engine light on and same trouble code. Snap-on computer says both solenoids are "off", even after i reset the codes.

Also same car has no speedo, it just died around the same time as the shift solenoids, as well the odometer and fuel milage info does not work.

Its driving me crazy, any help would be greatly appreciated. :(

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "darn...that was fun!"

www.madd.ca

canadian95sts,

Man, all that happening at once would make me suspect the wiring harness to the transmission. There is a Quick Disconnect plug at the back of the engine, (cars left)

between the radiator and the engine/transmission attach point. It is a Royal Pain to get my hamfisted hands into. If you remove the left cooling fan & possibly the air cleaner, you "should" be able to reach it. It has a cover that you have to squeeze like a child proof cap. Then pull it apart. (At least that is where my 94 SLS's plug is.) If it is not assembled togeather properly, it can come apart and cause your problem. Additionally, if this is the problem, the connection has likely been contaminated with dirt, water, and possibly road salt. I would get a can of contact cleaner that is rated for plastics and clean the heck out of both sides of the connection. I would then spary it with a nonconductive lubricant. (WD-40 comes to mind) reassemble and make sure that the lock engages.

I hope that this is your problem, as other causes are going to be more expen$ive.

Good Luck,

Britt

Britt

I had an '89 Deville that developed a whole list of semingly unrelated problems all at once. It turned out to be the body control module. Once that was replaced, all the problems went away.

Your '95 has entirely different electronics, but it sounds like a similar problem. I would verify that the computers are all working properly before I started attacking the problems one by one. (You've already replaced the shift solenoids and still have the error message.)

Hope this helps.

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

UPDATE!!!!

I checked out my codes and DO have one for a VSS, ordered one from the dealer $22.00 for the part and a few beers for my mechanic buddy should hopefully fix the problem, installing tomorrow will let You all know what happens.

Man i love this forum

Thanks for all the help!!!!!! :D

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "darn...that was fun!"

www.madd.ca

UPDATE!!!!!!1

Changed the Vehicle Speed Sensor and all is well, shift solenoids are workin excellent now, as well as speedo, odometer, and fuel milage info.

goin for a drive now,

thanks for the help!!!!!!!!!

www.madd.ca

UPDATE!!!!!!1

Changed the Vehicle Speed Sensor and all is well, shift solenoids are workin excellent now, as well as speedo, odometer, and fuel milage info.

goin for a drive now,

Good deal, well done. And thanks for the feedback.

Cruise on down to Dundurn and tip your hat when you pass Queen St.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

[QUOTGood deal, well done. And thanks for the feedback.

Cruise on down to Dundurn and tip your hat when you pass Queen St.

E]

whats on Queen St??????

www.madd.ca

UPDATE!!!!!!1

goin for a drive now,

That I understand is a very hard job to do, do you see him do it? Did he drop the carriage? Mike

UPDATE!!!!!!1

goin for a drive now,

That I understand is a very hard job to do, do you see him do it? Did he drop the carriage? Mike

The vehicle speed sensor threads into the case of the trans. The input shaft speed sensor is the one that's buried deep in the tans.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived