CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

ac compressor replacement

johnnydone

i took my car to a one man radiator an ac shop the gentleman im dealing with has been in business for a long time and is honest in his dealings. i supplied the compressor(new on ebay $100) the dryer and orfice tube along with 3 cans of 134a

he was to supply the oil he gave me an est of $300 to install the compressor and parts ,flush the systehv and charge. when he got into it he had topull the radiator and the condensor to make room to get the old one out he told me if he knew what was involved he probably would not have done the job i didnt know it was that difficult he is sticking by his est but i had to supply a gal of dexcool he had the tablets in stock tomorrow he will evacuate and charge the system and check it out im glad i had someone else do it ive always done my own aircond work

i just cant believe that you had to do all that extra work to pull a compressor any comments tune in tomorrow for additional comments :rolleyes:

Tonight really sucks.... first the blower housing surprise and now, I am about to replace my compressor also! I didn't think it was necessary to do that extra work, the manual doens't detail that, I am going to keep my fingers crossed! Thanks, Mike

he says there is no clearance for the removalof the back bolts or to slide the compressor in an out owell we :blink: will find out more tomorrow

car is ready i havent picked it up yet he added oil no charge tablets no charge says $300 even he also told me that another shop told him that the radiator etc did not have to come out but he could not see any other way im sorry that he did so much work but at least i have new antifreeze and tablets which i was going to do soon anyway thanks for everyones support and u too scotty

( by the way if warp speed is the speed of light any speed faster,would you not be going back in time?)

Only when you exceed Warp 10, remember the movie where we went screaming around the sun, to go back in time to get a pair whales to save the earth? We needed to exceed Warp 10 in a Klingon battle cruiser, Spock had to estimate his calculations! An estimate by Spock is better than most people's conclusions, sort of like Guru! :D

St Louis is one of my favorite places!

I changed mine outin my 96 eldorado, only thing you take out is the wheel lining and botom plastict parts under the engine, sure ther are two bolts that only turn 1/4 turn, but you can do it, it isnot that bad just TIME consuming!

I just bought a set of metric ratchet wrenches with a fine ratchet pattern (Blackhawk), I am hoping that these relatively new style wrenches will be good for this kind of problem location....

Its getting HOT here already its time to get the new compressor off the shelf!

An estimate by Spock is better than most people's conclusions, sort of like Guru!  :D

Anybody got a photo of Guru's ears?

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

got my car out air works great with air on at 85degrees outside cars tenp was 206

this guy did a very good job he said he took the long way because to try to get those back bolts out would probably take more time i have no odor ie mildew just nice clean air temp controls seem to be working as it should the new compressor is so quiet you dont know its running best 300 i spent :P

got my car out air works great with air on at 85degrees outside cars tenp was 206

this guy did a very good job he said he took the long way because to try to get those back bolts out would probably take more time i have no odor ie mildew just nice clean air temp controls seem to be working as it should the new compressor is so quiet you dont know its running best 300 i spent :P

Remember that if you get mildew you can enable the Afterblow feature.. Glad you got it running good, I am happy to see the new compressor is quiet, my old one made a racket... Good Luck with it, Mike

I think I'll install my compressor this weekend

Archived