CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Cadillacs in Movies

Marika

:P

In the movie "Top of the World" with Dennis Hopper, Peter Weller and Tia Carrere, she drives a late model (97-99) Deville out to a Nevada prison to pick up the just-released Peter Weller character (her husband).

"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled." - Richard P. Feynman

user posted image

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How can we forget the White coupe DeVille that Robert DeNiro's character Mike drives in the Deer Hunter...

"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled." - Richard P. Feynman

user posted image

• 1 month later...

the new version of The Italian Job has a Cadillac in it.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

In the new version of the Italian Job, there's an STS and a CTS.

Screen shot of the STS and CTS in the new version of The Italian Job. (The CTS was just starting to move, hence the blur).

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Brad Pitt drives a black CTS for a scene in Mr & Mrs Smith.

Yeah I noticed that too.

It was actually a CTS-V, which I got really excited about.

"The coolest guy in Hollywood driving the coolest American car"... a winning combo!

" ...'took my Cobra down t' the track, hitched to the back o' my Cadillac..."

- Jan & Dean, 'hey little cobra'

Scott

Beverly Hills Cop and Beverly Hills Cop II has TONS of different Caddys including a lot of custom jobs. Too many to count.... :lol:

Speaking of the movie "Be Cool"... the original "Get shorty" has a black on black convertible Eldorado in it. It's an early scene where Delroy Lindo (cop from Gone in 60) pulls up with his partner in crime, they show a great shot of the front and the side

...Mint convertible Eldorado's :wub:

Elvis Has Left The Building came out yesterday, Aug. 2nd.

Its worth watching just to see the still beautiful Kim Basinger.

She drives through the movie in a pink Eldorado, around a '75, I think.

There are many shots of a 1956 pink Cadillac as well.

That Eldorado, colour aside, looks beautiful with Kim piloting it across the Nevada desert.

1989 FWD Fleetwood, Silver

1995 STS Crimson Pearl on Black leather

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

• 2 weeks later...

Beverly Hills Cop II. Unfortunately, going off a small cliff.

Just saw The Upside of Anger, there is a great scene with a black 92-97 style STS with Costner driving it. He plays a rich retired baseball player. Check out how they fogged the doors so you cant see the reflection of the camera in the black paint. You can hear the engine running, sounds like a Northstar!

• 3 months later...

Sin City has an awesome old Cadillac in it.

Sin City.....

Sin City....

I swear that I almost started this thread up again just a few days ago....after watching Goodfellas. I know someone mentioned the film already but here's a great DB online of cars in movies....i'll give you the link to goodfellas.

http://www.imcdb.org/movie_99685-Goodfellas.html

I went on a hunt for this to determine the year of the '78 coupe deville. Can anyone confirm or deny that during this year the auto-pulldown trunk was standard? Ray Liota slammed the trunk of his Coupe Deville (and made me cringe) when putting the bag of guns back into the car after hiding them at his mother in-laws (when running around town avoiding the helicopter that is following him).

Great movie....some Awesome cars. And more than a few people met their demise in more than a few beautiful caddies throughout the movie.

edit: Actually, i Just noticed that the scene with the trunk that I am talking about is depicted in the smaller capture in the Image of the '78. Let me know what you guys think.

I an fairly certain that the power pulldown was standard on a '78 Sedan/Coupe DeVille. The actor was probably unaware of the pulldorn feature.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Regarding the copper Coupe Deville in Goodfellas~

You have to wonder how they could have missed the aftermarket Center High-Mounted Stop Light (CHMSL) on that 78/79 Deville (if I could see an interior shot of the steering wheel I'd know the year). CHMSL didn't even come out until 1985 and 1986, and someone added one to that car. The period was early 80' so that CHMSL had no business there. Why they didn't take 2 minutes to remove it from that car for the filming, I have no idea.

~Doc

Regarding the copper Coupe Deville in Goodfellas~

You have to wonder how they could have missed the aftermarket Center High-Mounted Stop Light (CHMSL) on that 78/79 Deville (if I could see an interior shot of the steering wheel I'd know the year). CHMSL didn't even come out until 1985 and 1986, and someone added one to that car. The period was early 80' so that CHMSL had no business there. Why they didn't take 2 minutes to remove it from that car for the filming, I have no idea.

~Doc

Lack of attention to details...Remember all the "Add a 3rd brakelight kits" that were around in the mid '80s...none of which looked original?

You can tell the difference between a '78 and a '79 from the front. The '79 has a a smaller mesh grill (approx. 3/4" squares) and the '78 has a larger mesh openings on the grill (approx 1-1/2" squares).

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I had figured that the pulldown was standard at the point...and I guessed like you that Ray Liotta was probably just not familiar with the car...Thanks for the confirmation...still made me cringe when he slammed the thing...always does.

PLEEAASE don't slam the trunk! :-)

Archived