CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Cadillacs in Movies

Marika

I've noticed a few Cadillacs popping up in movies.

"Guess Who"

"Span-glish"

Just to name two.

Anyone else spot any caddys in new movies?

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There is "Get Carter" with a 98-03 STS. Stars Sylvester Stallone.

There is US MArshalls with a 93-97 Seville (STS/SLS). Stars Tommy Lee Jones and Wesley Snipes.

Jim

Did you happen to notice that in Get Carter, there was a CODE flashing on the dash after they beat the hell out of that car?

Let's not forget the CTS in Matrix Reloaded. Talk about an over the top promo. And Christian Bale drives an STS in Equilibrium.

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

In the new version of the Italian Job, there's an STS and a CTS.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

The Movie Heat has a 1993-1997 Seville in it, and a 1994-1996 (I have no Idea, but something like that) Deville. One is driven by Robert Deniro, and I think Val Kilmer drives the other one. Don't remember who drives exactly what though.

I caught this movie called Black Cadillac on one of the movie channels last night. It was about some guy in an all black '57 Fleetwood Limo, trying to run down and kill these kids in a SAAB 900S.

Terminal Velocity with Charlie Sheen, featured a 1993 Allante, that ended up dropping out of the back of a cargo plain, from like 20,000ft or something...very sad. :(

edit: the site says 87-88, but the character in the movie who own it, repetedly state that it has the brand new Northstar, and will be a collectiable.

Nick Nolte drove a 1964 Deville convertible in 48 Hours. It was sky blue, and totally beat up.

A Bronx Tale had some good ones, in particular the 1968 Red Deville convertible.

There's just too many to list. I found this site, while wandering around the inteernet http://www.car-nection.com/ccof/caddy9.htm . It's a huge list of a crap load of movies, that Cadillac's have been in.

Personal Services

It's a movie that was filmed in England but you see an old, powder blue Cadillac in one of the scenes.

The matrix movie is a huge GM promo. Amazing and well worth the watching of the highway chase scence. 30+ GM vehicles used there...

The matrix cadillacs used were actually pre production mule builds. There were to be scrapped anyways.....scrap them out for a movie and get some free promo.

Another movie has a '92-97 STS....'whole nine yards' with Bruce Willis....

The gangster movie "Goodfellas", with Robert Deniro and Joe Pesce takes place from the 50's to the 80's. The 'year' that the movie is in is easy to follow, because they always are driving a brand new Cadillac from the respective year.

Good movie, too.

" ...'took my Cobra down t' the track, hitched to the back o' my Cadillac..."

- Jan & Dean, 'hey little cobra'

Scott

I think US Marshalls has one of the best '92-'97 STS showings. It's a '96 or '97 STS, silver. TLJ steals it in the middle of New York City and uses it to speed off to a cemetary, where WS is supposed to be hiding. Great-looking Cadillac, some good shots of the interior, shiney chrome 7-spoke wheels. Good pub!

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

The STS in Equilibrium is sweet.

Boondock Saints. The one mafia boss drives a 92-97 Seville.

Can't forget Paulie in Sopranos with his Deville!

"Cadillac, it's not a car, it's an obsession"

-W.Kingdon

I just saw Be Cool on Sunday, horribly boring show but at the begining, John Travolta's black Deville gets shot up pretty good. Thrifty Car Rental brings him a little beater Honda and the Thrifty guy tells him its the Cadillac of economy :lol: .

Spence

• 1 month later...

There are Cadillacs in the movie Deathtrap.

At the http://www.bmwfilms.com website, one of the short movies, "Beat the Devil" starring Gary Oldman as the devil, James Brown as the unfortunate who has sold his soul to the devil and Clive Owen as the driver.

In the beginning of the movie, around 1954, you see an old caddy coming over a railroad crossing with Gary Oldman (The Devil) as a passenger, it's his car I assume so we now know that even the Devil drives Cadillacs!!!

Ah the ones I thought I had you guys beat on have been mentioned (namely Boondock Saints and Equilibrium)

But...

I caught the trailer for the upcoming film called The Island. Being the loyal Cadillac fan I am, I instantly recognized the trunk lines and taillights of our favorite 12 cylinder Northstar powered machine for the fraction of a second it appeared on the big screen.

Apparently there is an action packed chase featured the Cien :blink:

It could have very well been the XLR, it was very very brief. But I distinctly remember that the trunk lid had muscular looking "shoulders" that sloped up on either side over the tail lamps and the car had a very wide stance.

I caught the trailer for the upcoming film called The Island. Being the loyal Cadillac fan I am, I instantly recognized the trunk lines and taillights of our favorite 12 cylinder Northstar powered machine for the fraction of a second it appeared on the big screen.

A frame from the trailer . . . .

Regards,

Warren

post-3-1118016141_thumb.jpg

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Archived