CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

rattling in rear

johnnydone

i have a rumbling in the rear on washboard type roads no noise on speed bumps i had car checked out on a lift everything was tight any ideas on what might be causing the problem :o

We have stabilizer bar bushings in the rear that I plan on replacing soon, you might want to take a look at them. They will cause noise just as the ones in the front do. The problem you are having is a classic stabilizer bar bushing problem. Mike

Early on sailors navigated by the stars at night and the North star became the symbol for finding ones way home. Once you know where the Northstar is you can point your ship in the right direction to get home. So the star became a symbol for finding ones way home or more symbolically even finding ones path in life.

scotty i looked in my manual and it doesnt tell u (or at least i couldnot find it, how to install do u have a pic

Here it is, realize this is from a 96 manual, I am not sure how this applies to a 97, but I am sure you have a rear stabilizer, Mike

See Red Circle for bushing, be advised that there are also stabilizer links that could also be causing noise (#12)

post-3-1113964691_thumb.jpg

Early on sailors navigated by the stars at night and the North star became the symbol for finding ones way home. Once you know where the Northstar is you can point your ship in the right direction to get home. So the star became a symbol for finding ones way home or more symbolically even finding ones path in life.

Johnny,

That rumbling noise is from your mother in law in the back seat is it? :lol:

Britt

Britt

Archived