CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

New Year

Cupillac

Well the car will be finished at the end of this week, shes getting painted all black again so theres alot of cleaning ahead of me in order to keep her looking sharp.

I've always fiddled around with different carcare cleaning products, but I want to stick with one company this year, so I just want to see what everyone prefers and which ones to stay away from.

I dont like using:

ArmorAll

Simoniz

McQuires leather cleaner <--- Their only product I didnt like

I like using:

Mothers

McQuires

Lexol leather cleaner.

How do all the TurtleWax products hold up?

"Cadillac, it's not a car, it's an obsession"

-W.Kingdon

My favorite wax is The Wax Shop, but I can't recommend that to you since you seem to want to stick to ONE company for your stuff. I'm not sure why you want to limit yourself to ONE company across the board...

Have you tried the new Teflon products from DuPont? I really like their new tire shine (water based, NOT petroleum based), and if I wasn't already happy with The Wax Shop, I'd probably try DuPont's wax. I don't necessarily perceive any benefit with the "Teflon" content in the product. I bought it because it was the only water based tire shine I could easily find in the store. But if the other products are as good as their tire shine, I think you'd be happy with them.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Thanks jadcock,

I'm not trying to stick to ONE company, just looking at which companies offer and provide the best product. I know there are some crap ones out there.

I find Armor All products to be one of them. I believe the have alot of silicone integrated with their products. Not so nice for the leather upholstery.

"Cadillac, it's not a car, it's an obsession"

-W.Kingdon

I've never really been much impressed with Armor All. I REALLY like The Wax Shop products (webpage). It took me a while to find a tire dressing I really liked. I used Formula 2001 for a while, but was never really over-excited about it (plus, it was petroleum-based). I really like the DuPont Teflon dressing (it's actually a Tenneco Automotive product). It doesn't dry greasy, and doesn't pick up dust or pollen. Despite the directions (which say to spray on and walk away), I prefer to apply with a moistened sponge.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Prestone synthetic wax.

This stuff is awesome, I will post pics when I do it this weekend.

You can put it on in sunlight without any streaks or hazing (as long as the surface isn't too hot and it lasts a long time.

Archived