CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Making The 2022 Cadillac Lyriq EV - We Chat With Its Chief Engineer: Jamie Brewer

For this holiday season, we're adding a few more interviews to that list in the coming week or two, and today we're starting with Jamie Brewer, Chief Engineer for the upcoming 2022 Cadillac Lyriq EV. We chat about her past career before the Lyriq EV, examine some of the design and engineering decisions that were made ahead of the Lyriq EV's reveal, examine some of the advantages of General Motor's new Ultium battery system, and discuss the path from prototype to finished vehicle.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Pretty good interview (I learned some stuff).  I almost aborted when the interviewer spent almost 10 minutes on sounds and noise, and while certainly important, I don't think this was an apex question on a brand new car.  And on this, the interviewer supplied too much commentary prior to finally getting to asking the question (almost showing-off) on how much she knew.  Kudo's to to Jamie Brewer, Chief Engineer as being as transparent as she was allowed to be.  And her comments at the end, defining her work and status as a female engineer in the automotive field were spot on (saying she held parity with all the engineers and represented as the best engineer she could be and leaving gender aside).

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28