CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Anyone have 245/50/16?

I am wondering what size of tire I should put on my 95 Eldorado. It currently has the stock 225/60/16 and they will be fine for winter use, however I want to go really wide for summer on my CTS wheels and was wondering if anyone has 245/50/16's. I am really interested in Toyo Proxes T1-S but the only size that is similar is 245/55/16, do you think that would work fine? As always thanks in advance.

Spence

post-3-1113769101_thumb.jpg

I'm on my second set of 255/50-16 tires (Michelin Pilots) on my '93 STS. That's only a 2.2% difference in the speedo calcuation from the stock 225/60-16. This adds a nice low, wide profile and puts almost nine inches of rubber on the ground. No problems whatsoever.

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

Awesome, I was really hoping to tuck a fat tire in the wheel well and now I will not hesitate. Thanks Bob D.

Spence

Youbetcha.

You won't be sorry. ;)

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

Spence what brand of tire is that! I love that tread

Early on sailors navigated by the stars at night and the North star became the symbol for finding ones way home. Once you know where the Northstar is you can point your ship in the right direction to get home. So the star became a symbol for finding ones way home or more symbolically even finding ones path in life.

Archived