CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1/4 Mile video of 96 STS killing a WRX

cruzajc1

Went to the track in my 96 STS and hit 14,6 on this run. I ahd the WRX film this one from his car and the footage is excellent. I will be posting it on www.adumbrecords.com/hosting when he posts it. I have a few videos up there now, but this one isn't up yet. If you would like it now, email me at agustinjcruz@bellsouth.net I beat him by about 4 car lengths and in the video he say "dude he annihilated me" very funny. My best time so far is 14.5.

Gus

agustinjcruz@bellsouth.net

Thanks, that's why I was so stoked the video came out clear. Did you hear the WRX driver say "Dude, he annihilated me" and his friend say "did he get you off the line? This was our second run. The first run my son videod and he just took a video of the 1/4 mile track in front of us, but he sounds so funny when he says Dad, holy crap you're beating him. I also have that footage if you would like it. it does show how sweet the N* sounds when wound up.

I would like to hear the NS from within your car! Yesterday I did a series of five 40 to 70 WOTS in second gear and the engine DOES sound awesome when it winds up.

2002 Subaru WRX Specifications for the current Australia / USA Model:

* ENGINE: Horizontally Opposed 2 Litre, 4 Cylinder Turbo engine.

* POWER (AUS): 160kW at 5600RPM AND 292Nm of torque at 3600rpm.

* POWER (USA): 227HP at 6000RPM AND 217LB-FT of torque at 4000rpm.

* SPEED: 0-100km/h (0-60mph) in about 6.0 seconds.

* GRIP: 17-inch alloy wheels (AUS) , All-Wheel-Drive.

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi

* Flat-4, Turbocharged

* Power bhp (kW) at RPM: 300(221) / 6000

* Torque lb-ft (Nm) at RPM: 300(407) / 4000

* Redline at RPM: n.a.

* Tires F-R: 225/45 ZR17

Exterior Dimensions & Weight

* Length × Width × Height in: 173.4 × 68.1 × 56.7

* Weight lb (kg): 3298 (1497)

Performance

* Acceleration 0-62 mph s: 4.8

* Top Speed mph (km/h): n.a.

* Fuel Economy EPA city/highway mpg (l/100 km): 18/24 (n.a.)

Good Job! ;) The N* sounds good at high RPM. No wonder he was surprised you kicked butt; on paper you shouldn't have won. At least from 0-60. The video shows you pretty much had him from the beginning and pulled away in a pretty impressive fashion. It looks like you raced a 2002 WRX?

The drag track here opens pretty soon any racein tips u wanna lend to me? :P I cant wait to enter the STS but I dont have a clue what im doin im just gonna smash the gas when i see the light change! :lol:

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

Timeslips! I love it! 14.5 seconds is an excellent time for a stock '96! Great job!

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Thanks, I am guessing with slicks I can cut another couple of tenths. My goal for this stock Caddy is 14.2, although 14 flat would be great. If I can get traction control to not activate, I think that would be possible. Did you see the video of my races this past Friday, if not email me at agustinjcruz@bellsouth.net and I'll send tonight.

I have my other 1/4 mile runs on www.adumbrecords.com/hosting but I emailed him to host this video, but he must be out of town. Tell your friends to email me and I will send it to them. agustinjcruz@bellsouth.net It was so funn when the WRX guy says "He Annihilated me"

Went to the track in my 96 STS and hit 14,6 on this run. I ahd the WRX film this one from his car and the footage is excellent. I will be posting it on www.adumbrecords.com/hosting when he posts it. I have a few videos up there now, but this one isn't up yet. If you would like it now, email me at agustinjcruz@bellsouth.net I beat him by about 4 car lengths and in the video he say "dude he annihilated me" very funny. My best time so far is 14.5.

Gus

Great car, nice video, and racing, the way it should be, ON A TRACK. Congratulations on the wins. :D

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Old Bridge Township Raceway Park in Englishtown, New Jersey (central) has a public track. If you live near the city it's an easy drive down the NJ Turnpike. I searched for public tracks in NY and didn't find one. Considering all the street racing, I would think there would be at least one public track in close proximate to the five boroughs. The owner of such a track would probably make a fortune.

http://www.etownraceway.com/

Quite an ambitious thought, however there would likely be a lot of opposition from residents due to noise, etc. Also, regulations, permits, finding land and building a track would cost millions. If I had the money I would certainly think about it. I believe I heard that NASCAR was/is thinking about coming to NJ in some form. I would think that by now some group of entrepreneurs would have opened a track in the immediate NY metro area, if feasible?

OK. What about oppening a small race track somewhere close to NYC? Nothing too fancy. I doubt that it could cost millions. Some investors might be interested.

1960 Sedan De Ville (sold)

1970 Coupe De Ville (sold)

1987 Mazda RX-7 (sold)

WOW…No Contest! I like the comment: "did he get ya off the line real bad?" :blink:

Hello...It's like he got ya off the line and all the way down the track...Dude. :lol:

Was that a 13.7 1/4 I saw by the STS?

Archived