CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Engine Sludge

Ranger

Not long ago in a thread I can't recall, an01sts suggested that following the OLM would sludge up your engine. I got a Provision Borescope http://www.thetoolwarehouse.net/shop/SLI-PV636.html for my birthday yesterday. I'm just a few hundred away from 100K and have been getting 7K between oil changes per the OLM. As promised I had a peek inside the Northstar cam cover. I am pleased to say I saw nothing but clean cast aluminum with a light oil coating. NO SLUDGE.

JimD wants you to post a picture of your Borescope! :lol: Happy Belated Birthday, hope you had a good day! Mike

an01sts has a tendancy to buck the system (just an observation an01sts). ME?, I'll have been convinced by out expert, Guru, to trust the OLM! It is NOT a simple algorithm as some have said. If you think about it besides the fact that oils are WAY better than the old days, the OLM has the ability to know temperature, average running time between starts, distance between starts, peak temperature, average miles per hour, etc. These are exactly the things needed to know to make a determination of where to change the oil between 3,000 and 7,500 miles according to the manual in the old days.....

What the OLM can not determine is if the car is driven in dusty conditions which most of us do not do... in which case you can change it earlier..

Glad to hear she is clean

Happy Birthday Larry.....cheers! This post made me chuckle in more ways than one. Glad to hear, or is it "see", that your sludge free.

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

That gadget looks very interesting! I could see myself getting into trouble with it :lol:

I bought a new tool today on Ebay for $28, a 1/4" click torque wrench from Cal-Hawk. 20-200 inch pounds, I would have liked 0 to 200 but they were much more expensive.. And NO I won't post a photo JimD.... :lol:

That gadget looks very interesting! I could see myself getting into trouble with it :lol:

I bought a new tool today on Ebay for $28, a 1/4" click torque wrench from Cal-Hawk. 20-200 inch pounds, I would have liked 0 to 200 but they were much more expensive.. And NO I won't post a photo JimD.... :lol:

Oh, now I get what you meant by "JimD wants to see a photo" :lol: Yeah, I know what you mean by getting into trouble with it. I figure I can save all kind of money with it when I do my own colonostomy :o

Archived