CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

where to take my ‘96 for headgasket repair

winterset

ok.  I already set aside $5000 for my headgasket job, and i wanted to know my options where to get the all the headbolts drilled out with all the proper heavy duty threads, seals, etc. done.  I live in North New Jersey.

I do not plan on taking the car in for repair till the late spring of 2021 which gives me plenty of time to gather up info.

after the repair, the car will be assigned as a New Jersey -  Florida driving car so i need to make sure I get all the repairs to bulletproof the car.  I last took the car to Florida in 2015, and it currently has 120,000 miles on it, and it is 100% rust, scratch, and dent free inside, outside, and underneath.

it drives, but is losing a little coolant out the exhaust when first started cold.  It does not overheat and never did - even under heavy load driving for several hours.

I believe the right thing is to have the engine properly repaired so it is reliable for long drives.  the car never had any work done on it, and is mostly original.  it is a very comfortable car for my family to drive straight down to Florida.  it has been there about 4 or 5 times in it’s 24 years.

THANKS 

Edited by winterset

@barczy01 has B & B Automotive LLC in Indianapolis so just 11 hours out of your neighborhood, but would make a road trip?

Address: 8531 Bash St, Indianapolis, IN 46250

New Jersey to Indy Capture.PNG

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

The job should cover the reseal as well. No regrets having it done on my Seville.

Glad to see someone saving a truly worthy Cadillac

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

I agree completely but did note that the OP said that is what they have saved up. Extra is always good. Now I would not tell the mechanic that lol

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile