CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Finally took my car in for recall

Also got the history on my car. Back to the year 2000 when it had 22000 miles on it. The only things that stand out are the tail light lenses. The person who owned the car before me had them replaced 2 times. When i got the car they started fogging up again i just drilled holes in them (Thanks to you guys ) Now that problem is solved. The car runs great. Now it has 64000 miles on it now.

post-3-1113568216_thumb.jpg

I've got a 97 ETC and have seen the fuel rail recall mentioned several times. How can I tell if mine has needed this done or has had it done? I've never received a recall notice, should I be worried?

I've got a 97 ETC and have seen the fuel rail recall mentioned several times. How can I tell if mine has needed this done or has had it done? I've never received a recall notice, should I be worried?

Old fuel rail is plastic and new one is stainless steel.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

If it has not been done you should at least be concerned and aware. The recall was because several cars have had leaks in the rails and caused a fire. If it has not been done I would get it done and if you should smell gas shut it off.

I called the dealer, gave them my VIN, and they said there was no fuel rail recall for my STS.

Could this be?

1989 FWD Fleetwood, Silver

1995 STS Crimson Pearl on Black leather

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

I called the dealer, gave them my VIN, and they said there was no fuel rail recall for my STS.

Could this be?

Contact Ms. *smurf* Kent at GM 586-986-8029. Tell them that the dealer says there is no recall. They can call the dealer and confirm it. I suspect they just don't want to fool with it and are hoping you go away or go somewhere else. I never got the recall notice and the dealer wouldn't do it without the notice. When I called *smurf*, she transfered me to a Joy (don't know her last name). Joy called the dealer and gave them the OK to do the service and then put me online to set up an appointment.

I think it's come up here before that Canadian cars were possibly not recalled. Possibly because the NHTSA or whomever mandates the recalls is a US agency...and the recall laws don't apply to foreign countries? Certainly, not every single 95-97 Northstar ON THE PLANET is recalled for fuel rails, no?

Either way, it'd be a great idea to call. Before you do, check your current fuel rail to see if you even need to go in. If the current fuel rail has the words "GM213M Type F" or "M-Bond" written on the tubing with a dot ink-jet type printing with either yellow or white ink, the rail is a service rail and does NOT need replacement. If it's already got a stainless rail, it doesn't need replacement. If your current fuel rail appears to be a nylon tube type and does NOT contain the printing "GM213M Type F" or "M-Bond", it needs replacement.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Thanks, guys.

A real neophyte question ... where do I indentify the fuel rail in the engine bay?

Thanks again.

1989 FWD Fleetwood, Silver

1995 STS Crimson Pearl on Black leather

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

Archived