CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1994 STS HARD STARTING

1994 STS NORTHSTAR. Checked for codes, but have none. Fuel pump may have sounded loud - and resonating last week. Car used to start as soon as the starter kicked but now you have to crank it for 3-5 seconds straight. Car runs good after it is started. Can this be the fuel pump that I thought was loud last week. ANYBODY have any suggestions or ideas? THANKS, CHRIS :angry:

Check the fuel pressure regulator - remove the top cover, turn the key to ON but DO NOT start the engine. If there is gasoline at the fuel pressure nipple, the FPR is bad and needs to be replaced.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I just checked www.rockauto.com for a 98 STS and its $39 for the nylon fuel rail and $41 for the stainless fuel rail (both AC DELCO). I think the nylon fuel rails were recalled but I may be mistaken, they were on my 96.... I think the FPR pops out after removing a snap ring retainer, Mike

Ranger,

I may be mistaken, but I believe that Scotty ment $41 for the regulator that fits into a stainless fuel rail, not the fuel rail it's self.

Britt

Britt

There is a schrader valve on the fuel rail - remove the cap and depress the stem. Make sure the engine is cool and you have a rag handy to blot up the gas.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Ranger,

I may be mistaken, but I believe that Scotty ment $41 for the regulator that fits into a stainless fuel rail, not the fuel rail it's self.

Britt

Yes, britt, I did mean the FPR, sorry, when I re-read my post I can see that it was ambiguous, Thanks

Archived