CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Northstar Engine Removal

IaBoy

I have two vehicles that I am parting out and I have some interest in the Northstar Engines. How much would be a fair proce for me to pay a shop for removal of the engine and transmission. Thanks for everyones help, I am learning much about my Cadi's!! See pic of my crashed baby below!

Steve

post-3-1113494700_thumb.jpg

IAboy,

On your white caddy, I understand that the airbags went off, but I would check out the front end. If the deer hit high enough so it didn't push back the bumper absorbers, the car should be fixable with salvage parts. If you are inclined to you can check out salvage parts on the web. Salvage yards do get a pretty penny for the air bags. But you may surprise yourself at what it would take to repair that car.

Just my $.02 worth.

Britt

Britt

Britt...

Yes, the damage was mostly high. The bumper hardly took any force of the collision. If I were more mechanicly inclined I would have considered getting it fixed up. As it is, I have all I can handle trying to part it out!

I have decided I may sell my 95 all in one chunk. It has a great Northstar motor in it and I would let the whole car go for less than what a motor would cost.

I wish I was a little handier and had the time to tinker with this stuff a bit :(

CRASHED CAR WEBSITE

Steve in Iowa

Archived