CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Does it crank?

If it does crank, does it attempt to fire?

If it does not crank I would start at the battery connections and work over to the electrical center at the left front strut tower.

Look for dirty or corroded connections.

What is the voltage shown on the instrument cluster?

Welcome to CaddyInfo 

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Have someone turn the key on as you listen at the fuel filler tube.

The fuel pump should prime for 2 seconds.

Do not mistaken this with the air ride compressor which comes on about 20 seconds after key is turned on.

Are you certain there is gas in the tank? any way to get a fuel pressure tester?

GM FAN FOREVER

16 hours ago, Skittl3s24 said:

The fuel pump sounds like it's fine. The only thing is that I cant get it to spark which is why I replaced the ignition coils. Will it need plugs?

Put a fuel presssure gage on it to see exactly what the fuel pressure is with the key on.  Its nice that its running, but whats the pressure.

Don't parts replace, leave the plugs alone, they won't cause a no start problem

Tell us the history of the car was this a sudden problem?  Did the car sit for a long time?

Did you dump fuel in it from a container that might have water in it? Drain a little fuel using the fuel pressure gage, into a clear glass bottle and let it sit, if water is in there it will separate.

Have you checked for codes?

Buy a spark tester at the parts store,.it plugs into the end of.the spark plug wire and gets.connected to ground. 

Check fuses for injectors, ignition, fuel pump for corrosion and continuity.

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

There was likely nothing wrong with the coils. 

Slight possibility of the ICM. (Plate the coils sit on)

To date I changed very few of the 2 tower coils. Most failures I ever saw were failed replacements. On all of my Caddys in the last 15 years I have never replaced 1. 

If you still have the originals I would inspect them and hold onto them if they look good.

How did you verify no spark? No sense in replacing plugs yet if you have, or possibly have no spark.

HAve you pulled codes?

GM FAN FOREVER