CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Cadillac Wheels

Scotty

I remember seeing that first pair of wheels on alot of CTSs, at the Don Massey Cadillac dealer over in Detroit.

They gave a really stellar and muscular look to the car.

" ...'took my Cobra down t' the track, hitched to the back o' my Cadillac..."

- Jan & Dean, 'hey little cobra'

Scott

If you look close, or witness them in person, you'll see that the sign in the middle is not actually a Caddy sign, just a close knock-off.

That is just a small detail, because the wheels are not acually OEM. That first wheel is a very nice wheel.

" ...'took my Cobra down t' the track, hitched to the back o' my Cadillac..."

- Jan & Dean, 'hey little cobra'

Scott

WOW!

I am in love with those first set of rims.  What tires are on them?

Any prices?

You can get the prices at the link I provided in my first post under aftermarket accessories

They can't be over $2000 for each wheel. I have seen 24" chrome spinners for the same price.

Price listed on the page is around $2,200. Then it says Qty. 1. You also have to remember that GM is selling these... I've never had a good experience at the parts counters at GM dealers and have always eventually found the parts for mere fractions of what they quoted me. GM overcharges horrendously. I also have an uncle at GM Westwood who is well informed and can give me the low down on what these parts should cost.

Now, to me, Qty. 1 means that each wheel and tire (1) is this price. Nowhere does it advertise that you are receiving a set of four.

Although of course Qty. 1 may also mean one full set, in this case they should have advertised that.

For $8800, I probably could have a custom C&C shop make wheels for me! :blink:

Minor correction Scotti. Its CNC for Computer Numeric Control. I have a few in my shop, but none big enough to turn a rim. Three axis milling is a lot of fun to program and watch.

For $8800, I probably could have a custom C&C shop make wheels for me!  :blink:

Minor correction Scotti. Its CNC for Computer Numeric Control. I have a few in my shop, but none big enough to turn a rim. Three axis milling is a lot of fun to program and watch.

Thanks for the info on CNC..... I'll bet you could turn me four wheels for $8800 (less say $400 for the tires) huh? :lol:

*** WARNING ***

Those wheels in the two images at the top of this page are aftermarket from a company called MC2 in California. I have to say in all honest sincerity that their wheels are the worst aftermarket junk going. Their wheels are aftermarket replicas of OEM styles that are of lower quality and heavier than the OEM counterparts and the chrome-plating is the worst out there. They blew threw these parts pretty strong 2 years ago and sold a ton of OEM-style wheels to the Cadillac dealers at cheap prices. ALL OF THE WHEELS ARE NOW COMING BACK. ALL OF THEM. The chrome-plating on all is flaking/lifting/peeling.

Trust me on this. Caveat Emptor.

~Doc

post-3-1113528327_thumb.jpg

That is $2200 for a set of four! The wheels are not available individually unless you bought a set and need a replacement and must show proof to buy just one! :rolleyes:

WOW that's better! It said ONE!

Archived