CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

ROBOTIC PARKING GARAGE

PAUL T

I am just curious. I detailed the structural steel, (made the drawings for the steel fabricator and made sure the structural steel bolted together), for the building and was just wondering if it was working very well. It was the first one of it's kind in the United States. There were several design problems and the steel fabricator and I worked out alot of the structural problems for the Engineer. When we finished the job I never heard if it ever got off the ground or not until recently. I usually never get to see any of the finished projects I work on. So I was just wondering if anyone in the New York, New Jersey area had ever used it. Let me know what you think.

Sorry for the, sort of, off topic.

What the heck is a robotic parking garage? You gotta type slow for us'ns in the country. ;)

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Go to: www.robopark.com

In a robotic parking garage you pull your car in on a skid, get out and your car goes into the building, up an elevator and slides into a slot. When you pick it up it is pulled from the slot , comes back to the exit area where you get in and drive off the skid. No one touches your car, there is only one attendant that controls the robotics on a computer terminal. In Hoboken the structure is, if I remember right, 5 or 7 stories and accomodates about 350 cars. I remember the upper floors were for small cars due to the clearance between floors. It was a standing joke that if an SUV was put on the upper floors it would come back as a convertible.

:) When I was in New Orleans a year ago I noticed these for the first time in my Canadian life. Except they were only 3 cars high.

The bad thing was, if you were on top you had to wait for the 2 cars below to be lowered out then yours.

And the steel frames loading the cars up and down were quite nasty looking.

There would be no way my Cadillac was resting on that thing.

"Cadillac, it's not a car, it's an obsession"

-W.Kingdon

You know... The co. I work for (Rockwell Automation) was awarded a big contract a while back for integrating all the automation controls in one of these structures... in China or Tiawan I believe it was. I kind of forgot about that till seeing this post. I'll have to see if I can find any details on it. If I remember right, it was going to be the largest robotic parking garage of it's kind in the world. (at that time anyway...)

'09 Cadillac CTS-4 3.6 direct injection, 128 K mi.
'15 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 5.3i V8, 125 K mi
'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

Archived