CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

HELP! My caddy keeps turning yellow!?!

davedog

I Hate this time of year!!! Saturday I got up early to wash my caddy before work. By the time I got off work at 4:00pm by caddy already had a yellow dusting of pollen all over it!!! Now three days later it looks like I haven't washed it in 3 years!! <_>

Anyone else having pollen this bad?

-dave B)

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

We have it bad here in DC. We are a few weeks behind you guys in terms of the warm weather/pollen, but in another week or so my black caddy will be just as yellow as yours.

Brad

----------------------------

1999 Deville Concours [sOLD]

Blk/Blk w/gold package

Here in the pine forests of NC, it's REALLY thick. I washed the car on Friday afternoon when I got home from work. It parked in the garage all day Saturday (did the running in the Caravan). When we took it to church Sunday morning, it was thick. Our 2-car garage is even split with two doors (vice one wide one) so whenever we pulled the van in or out, the Cadillac's door wasn't even open! :)

It's just that time of year. The Caravan has a cabin filter, and our '97 Cadillac does not. It makes a big difference in the level of dust inside the vehicle. This time of year, I run with the windows up to minimize debris in the car, but it's still largely unavoidable.

Myself, I love this time of year. Our bradford pear has already turned a deep green color. The dogwood and magnolia are flowering great. I also have a wonderful river birch that's starting to fill in. I have to run a soaker hose around the river birch though, because it literally SUCKS the water right out of the ground...and the grass around it within 5-6 feet is slow to green, even with the sprinkler system running every other day. :)

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

What about a car cover?

Well I have a garage that it's in when I'm home, but cover it during the day in my work's parking lot? I'd sure get alot of strange looks.. :lol::lol:

I've seen cars covered in pollen like you're describing Dave. Look like a dandalions on wheels. Sounds like it's just a part of spring in your area. At least everyone else has the same problem in your neck of the woods? My car seems to be the bird crap magnet. It's like they're sitting on the telephone wires...."Hey there he is fellas. Joe you paint him and the rest of us will come in with the cluster bombs." But I'll take the bird poo over pollen any day.

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

But I'll take the bird poo over pollen any day.

I'm not so sure about that, at lease pollen doesn't damage paint!!

But I know what you mean, I swear I've seen birds plotting agaist my car! :P

Huh? Pollen just sprays off. Bird poo stains and etches the paint, and you need more than just a hose to remove it (water and a paper towel at the least). You'd rather have that than pollen?

Huh? Pollen just sprays off. Bird poo stains and etches the paint, and you need more than just a hose to remove it (water and a paper towel at the least). You'd rather have that than pollen?

I've never had bird crap etch or stain my car. I suppose it could if I left it on there for several days. I see it...I grab a rag out of the trunk and I dust it off or wet it and wipe. No big deal. Now pollen on the other hand..... well we both know that requires more time and energy. This will probably bother you when I say it so brace yourself Jason. A couple weeks ago I liberally sponged on CLR on the front fender as well as the driver's side door...... and I enjoyed it. (Mahahaaa) It was a quick and easy way to remove that parking garage scum that sometimes drips from above. The scum is like cement. Anyhoo I followed the CLR with mild soap and lots of fresh toilet water. I'm happy to report that there is no etching or discoloration as a result of my actions. I hope you're laughing Jason. Although it's all true, it's not meant to be serious. I've often used your car for reference when I find myself talking to a friend about shiney finishes.

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

I have the same issue but along with pollen there is tree goop. I spend lots of time on the weekends with my parents helping out. There home is in the deep woods and you can not even see the sky in the summer. When I go there I have to cover the car because the trees drip some kind of stickey goop then the pollen collects on it and man it becomes a big mess. It lasts for a few months and then it's not as bad.

I have the same issue but along with pollen there is tree goop.

I think this mysterious goop that you are describing that falls from trees is called sap. A few companies make a product that helps remove stubborn sap and tar. You should check it out, it makes it much easier to remove.

The birds like to sit on the outside mirrors and crap down the door.

Also, they seem to like to to a flyby over the moonroof with the crap brigade. Really.

LOL, never seen one actually sit on my car....I guess they no better than to try to pull that! :ph34r:

Although I have had to chase several cats off my car!!! What's up with that?? They seem to think that my car is a perfect place to fight each other......thank God I have a garage now.... :blink:

Pick up a "california duster" such as this one: http://www.zymol.com/duster.htm

It's 100% wool and develops a charge of static electricity when you pull it through your hand. Gentle dangle it over the car and the pollen will be attracted to it. Works great.

As for the bird droppings and tree sap, W-D 40 will remove them safely and without scratching the paint although it will remove the wax on your car so after you've removed the bird droppings and tree sap, you will have to wash and rewax at least those sections of the car that you worked on.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

I hope you're laughing Jason. Although it's all true, it's not meant to be serious. I've often used your car for reference when I find myself talking to a friend about shiney finishes.

Why thank you sir! And that's a 143,000 mile finish, waxed only with The Wax Shop super glaze. My secret potion for removing bird doo? Don't tell anyone... Saliva. Yes, my car is literally spit-shined! :)

Pollen ? Trees ? Birds ?

All foreign concepts...out here in the high desert! :D

Now DUST ! That I can relate to.

Had a trip out to a remote (and I mean reee-mote) gold mine near Death Valley.

The calic'he (like fine, white talcum) plume (like a water skier's wake- but vertical) was probably a hundred feet high as I drove faster and faster to outrun it before I had to stop.

Pollen, Trees and Birds - Oh MY !

(to the forest tune from The Wizard of Oz") :rolleyes:

I'll take good ole fashioned dust and smoke ashes - thanks anyway. <_<

Add power to leave problems behind. Most braking is just - poor planning.

Archived