CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

how bad have u beat on ur car?

"I don't know if this is a tradition in your neighborhood, but around here, they put up flower displays where there has been a fatal accident, sometimes its next to a tree and the marks are still on it"

A pretty good friend from High School was doing about 55 (on Riverside dr...dangerous 2 lane winding road that hugs the Scioto river) and lost control. He went off the road, nicked a tree and went flying into the river, needless to say he didn't survive...Everyday on the way to class I go by that tree (which is coverd in flowers) and it helps me remember to keep it safe.

A.J.

About a month ago me an cadillac_caddy_sts got in a car accident at a busy intersection on the way to school in my Moms little Chevy Optra! We were coming up to a green light when all of a sudden a green GMC Sonoma pulled out infront of us (turning left), so I hit the brakes started to fishtale then smashed into the passenger door of the truck! It was snowing/raining so the roads were pretty wet! The air bags deployed and the whole front end was smashed in! I hurt my arm in the crash and the other driver and passenger were fine! The car was written off and it was her fault! An hour later we were eating at A&W then went to a hockey game later that night! I dont feel that it made me a more cautious driver! Maybe more aware then cautious! We got to rent an 05 mustang for a week and that was a pretty fun ride even though I never got to drive it! My dad conviced my mom to get a bigger car and she ended up with a 2005 Grand Prix GT!

IMPORT CRUSHER

user posted image

Well, I purchased my own car and I dont usually drive it during the school week unless I cant bum a ride or use one of my parents cars! I go cruisin on weekends and take it easy on her while going places and then I will just happen to do my WOT's while the guy next to me is also doing his WOT's! I dont consider that beating on my car or being hard on it! I have a summer job and can't afford to pay for repairs or damages in the winter so I might loan or accept money from my parents when I need it! I dont think that changes my attitude towards my car! When I first got my license I had a couple thousand dollars I thought I would spend on paint, wheels or upgrades but I ended up spending it on insurance gas and food! Running a car is expensive, and you cant do it without a good source of income! So what if my parents helped me out with a few minor setbacks! And when I drive my parents cars I treat them with the same respect as I do mine......... <_<

Ya but you have more common sence than me!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

Well, I purchased my own car and I dont usually drive it during the school week unless I cant bum a ride or use one of my parents cars! I go cruisin on weekends and take it easy on her while going places and then I will just happen to do my WOT's while the guy next to me is also doing his WOT's! I dont consider that beating on my car or being hard on it! I have a summer job and can't afford to pay for repairs or damages in the winter so I might loan or accept money from my parents when I need it! I dont think that changes my attitude towards my car! When I first got my license I had a couple thousand dollars I thought I would spend on paint, wheels or upgrades but I ended up spending it on insurance gas and food! Running a car is expensive, and you cant do it without a good source of income! So what if my parents helped me out with a few minor setbacks! And when I drive my parents cars I treat them with the same respect as I do mine......... <_<

Ya but you have more common sence than me!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Ya I know! B)

IMPORT CRUSHER

user posted image

The best is when you are rolling through an intersection going about 10mph and then mash the pedal to downshift into 1st gear... the tires continue to squeal until you back off the accelerator...I imagine this isnt very good for the car. haha.

Chris

Christopher Petro

94 sts

67 coupe de Ville

user posted image

I beat the snot out of my car and it holds up extremely well. I think they engineer these cars pretty well b/c I don't know of many people pounding on their cars as hard as I have with as many miles as I have and not be plagued with drive train issues. I enjoy driving and exploit all aspects of the caddy's ability which are vast to say the least.

BTW - The older I get the worse my tires like it. It takes a good bit of burnt rubber to really see the reduction in tire tread so I don't mind. I have made huge clouds of smoke with it.

Cad1

92 Deville w/210k miles

Archived