CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

how bad have u beat on ur car?

I was being so hard on my sts tonight! i dont know what got into me! i was doing dounuts and burnouts every chance i got! i feel very bad about it now I usually am so easy on her! I was just wondering if anyone else on here ever gets into these moods! not to mention i had 4 people in the back and one in the front and I usually only let 2 in back and 1 in front! i dont know what got into me and i hope the STS forgives me lol! :lol:

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

Not at all. I pamper it.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

:blink: A beautiful car, but nonetheless an 11yr old car with 100k on it ... she deserves respect ... lease a Kia if you want to break something ... that STS is far too nice.

1989 FWD Fleetwood, Silver

1995 STS Crimson Pearl on Black leather

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

While your driving habits are typical of your age group, the automobile you choose to do it in isn't. Straight line WOTs would probably be more appropriate for a caddy. They're heavy cars to begin with and you had a car full of people. My offer of $1000 just dropped to $800. :lol: Now when I was in high school, I had this buddy that owned a porsche 911 (nice parents). Now that was a car designed and made for romping on. Donuts?.....would you like that plain or glazed? :lol:

Couple years ago I had the caddy in for new front end paint. During that period I rented ,2 compacts, a neon and a cavalier. The neon was a dog but peppy on the straights. I had so much fun with the cavalier. Had absolutely no get up and go in the straights (are we moving???) but man was it snappy in the turn department. I drove it through a twisty entry way into a mall parking lot and I thought I was going to scrape the door handles at every turn but woowee did she hold tight. That would be a good "beater" for you. Sell me your caddy before you break it and make us all sad. :lol:;)

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

I know what you guys mean! Im to young to have a car with this much power! :lol: But I do pamper it 99% of the time but every now and than like last night i just seem to not care :unsure: ? Dont know why either guess you could call me a showoff :P I just had it out for a nice drive everything seems to be fine and im glad i never hurt my baby or my dad would have to take out the wallet for the repairs! :D

user posted image

I think we've all done things that we felt badly about later.

Don't beat yourself up about it. Just add it to your experience "bank" and get on with your life. Next time you get the urge to do something crazy with your car, the memory of how you felt this time will help calm you down.

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

I have done donuts on a ice hockey rink. It was sweet. I cant post any pictures though... could get my friend fired. Using the 92's e-brake on ice is pretty fun I must admit!

Maybe if it was your own earned money, instead of your Dad's, your respect for your car might be different. :D

I started working at 15. That was 40 years ago. If I wanted a car I paid for it myself. It is amazing how much more you appreciate something when you earn it with hard work.

Just a thought. :D

Wouldn't the traction control prevent the proverbial donut manuver unless you are on ice or a wet surface?

Kent

take out the abs fuse! ;)

user posted image

Maybe if it was your own earned money, instead of your Dad's, your respect for your car might be different.  :D

I started working at 15.  That was 40 years ago.  If I wanted a car I paid for it myself.  It is amazing how much more you appreciate something when you earn it with hard work.

Just a thought. :D

Hehe. That's what I was thinking. I used to be the same way until I had to start paying for parts myself....Hey, by the way, beautiful car! Take care of it. I wrapped my 93 Deville which was in mint condition and loaded!!! I will never drive wrekless like that again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, having to come up with $400-$500 for a set of tires would definately make you think twice about lighting them up.

your right about that! I have to put used tires on my car cause of the price i did just get some nice used michelins but i may be replacing the front ones sooner than i planned!

user posted image

Age group has zero to do with it. My daugher has an 00 Ram Air T/A and she doesn't do such things with her car. I have been in overpowered cars since I started driving, so power of the car and age group don't correlate. I had to buy my own stuff, and my daughter has to buy her own stuff. That may have something to do with it.

an01sts Posted on Apr 10 2005, 08:08 PM

Age group has zero to do with it. My daugher has an 00 Ram Air T/A and she doesn't do such things with her car. I have been in overpowered cars since I started driving, so power of the car and age group don't correlate. I had to buy my own stuff, and my daughter has to buy her own stuff. That may have something to do with it. 

I agree. Like you and others I've owned some pretty spunky cars over the years and my wallat had everything to do it with it. And by the way ... it wasn't Mom or Dad paying either. It was "Hip National"

Jim

I drive my car pretty hard, but i by no means, do I beat on it. I never do burnout, or anything like that, but I have been known to take a few turns here and there, MUCH faster that I probably should have. I do drive the car pretty fast, but only on the highway. I don't like to stress the drive train to much, so pretty much all of my WOT is striclt on the highway. I have locked up the brakes making a few turns reacently, because I was going a little too fast, comeing into a turn. Sometimes, I'll get pissed and floor it while in the middle of making a turn at an intersection. Usually trying to get around some idiot that's stoppped in the middle of the road, befroe the light turns red. I sometimes get the inside wheel o light up, and that usually gets a few loks from other drivers. I understand how you felt, after you realized what you had done. I locked up the front wheel really good, turning into my bank parking lot the other day. The car was fine (scard the crap out of the person waitng the exit), but I still felt like kicking myself for doing it. As long as you keep it under control, and don't do anything that could potentially break something expensive, I say have fun. It's only a car, and it can be fixed, although expensive when needed. What's the point in owning a fast car, if you can't have a little fun. :lol:

I think ago group certainly has much to do with driving style. Your qualifying your statement according to the actions of your daughter. Is she a teenager? If she is then I think it's fantastic that she was able to buy her own vehicle. If so then she would be amoung the minority. A very small minority....nationally speaking. So if the majority is driving around in a car someone else purchased and your argument is that kids that buy there own cars treat them better, you can see why the "age group" assertion makes sense. Most kids drive their parent's car or a car purchased by their parents, if they're not taking the bus or other mass transportation. I'm talking about high school teens here.

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

Well, I purchased my own car and I dont usually drive it during the school week unless I cant bum a ride or use one of my parents cars! I go cruisin on weekends and take it easy on her while going places and then I will just happen to do my WOT's while the guy next to me is also doing his WOT's! I dont consider that beating on my car or being hard on it! I have a summer job and can't afford to pay for repairs or damages in the winter so I might loan or accept money from my parents when I need it! I dont think that changes my attitude towards my car! When I first got my license I had a couple thousand dollars I thought I would spend on paint, wheels or upgrades but I ended up spending it on insurance gas and food! Running a car is expensive, and you cant do it without a good source of income! So what if my parents helped me out with a few minor setbacks! And when I drive my parents cars I treat them with the same respect as I do mine......... <_<

IMPORT CRUSHER

user posted image

I paid for 100% of both of the caddies I have owned....my parents didn't help out one bit, and I can say that you really appreciate/take care of something more if it was your blood/sweat/tears involved in buying it.

-dave B)

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

... and then I will just happen to do my WOT's while the guy next to me is also doing his WOT's! I dont consider that beating on my car or being hard on it! ...And when I drive my parents cars I treat them with the same respect as I do mine......... <_<

that's what I thought!!

dad

:lol::D:lol::D:lol::D:lol::D

When I was your age, my dad's transmissions used to take a beating, I know that I was responsible for at least one tranny and one engine mount (sorry dad if you are looking down). But I would usually repair the damages. Once you get to the point of paying for the repairs or when you get a few moving violations or have a near-miss potentially serious accident, you usually treat the car with more respect. Wasn't it you that lost control during the winter on ice? As I say to my sons, Be Smart!

I don't know if this is a tradition in your neighborhood, but around here, they put up flower displays where there has been a fatal accident, sometimes its next to a tree and the marks are still on it, everytime I see a flower display it reminds me of how serious it is to lose control of a car at ANY speed. Last week we had a member get $2600 in damage from a vehicle that rolled into him as the owner didn't use his parking brake, imagine hitting an immovable object like a pole or tree at any speed?

I use my power for getting out of trouble, not getting into trouble. Once you know that the car is powerful, I never understood why it was necessary to prove it all the time. Don't get me wrong the feeling of power is amazing, but the feeling of being out of control in a 360 is something I do not relish. As a matter of fact I have only been out of control in a 360 three times and that is way too many times for me, the last of which was in a 91 Nissan 240SX in the rain, and I did $13,000 in damages. That car was a white knuckle, death trap in the rain, and many times while I owned it I said, my Cadillacs NEVER handled like this in the rain! I was lucky to walk away. Sorry for the Rant...

Archived