CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Hey Jason ... How bout' them Tarheels?

tjtjwdad

I really enjoyed last nights game being from North Carolina & all.  Those who like a college basketball really missed a good game.

Illinois tried to get it back, but it just wasn't to be.

No loosers on this night.  Each team can hold their heads high!

Jim

it was a great game, illinois would have won if they shot better than 5 for 17 against the zone in the first half.... :blink:

I like college MUCH better than the spoiled shake and bake no defense pro game, where the refs have too much influence, for that matter I like the womens game better than the pros...

They needed me last night, here I was in 1973, and yes I made that shot!

post-3-1112752258_thumb.jpg

Scotty,

I agree, I'll take a college game over a PRO game any day ... men or women. If UNC and UI were to paly 2 of 3, 3 of 5 or 4 of7, who knows how it would turn out. That's why I like the "ya' get one shot at it ... concept!

Actually, I'm watching the womens final as I type this ... Baylor up 62-42!

Yeah, how 'bout 'em?! I'm actually only a Carolina resident, not graduate. I'm an alumnus of Virginia Tech, so I had a good time in the fall with the football season. First season in the ACC and we took it all! We really didn't have a bad basketball season either; the men went something like 9-8 or 8-8 in the conference. Hoops are not VT's forte. :) I'm going to have to get born again though, because b-ball is a RELIGION here (as football was in southwest Virginia).

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Scotty!

I must say, as a member of my high school's swimming team, you really needed to trim those pits... :ph34r:

Too bad, if you had, with the reduction in wind resistance, I bet you'd averaged an extra 8 points a game... at least. :lol:

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

Scotty!

I must say, as a member of my high school's swimming team, you really needed to trim those pits... :ph34r:

Too bad, if you had, with the reduction in wind resistance, I bet you'd averaged an extra 8 points a game... at least. :lol:

Forget the pits, I would have been much faster if I got a hair cut from the reduced weight AND wind resistance... :lol: See how high I am?, I would have gotten even higher! :lol: Real men didn't shave their pits in the old days! ;)

Jason,

Heck I didn't even know VA Tech was in the ACC ... congrats to them. It seems like since FSU came into the ACC they have pretty much dominated the football seasons. Prior to them it was hit & miss with Clemson.

Basketball has been the ACC's money generator over the years. Duke & UNC as well along with NCSU have always been rivals in just about everything being so close in proximety too one another. Heck, Wake Forest is about 50-60 miles west in Winston Salem.

You're defiently in a basketball relegious area.

Jim

Jim

Heck I didn't even know VA Tech was in the ACC ... congrats to them...

We weren't until this past season -- it was our first in the conference. VT fans are almost sworn against NCSU now though. VT is the big agricultural land-grant university in Virginia, and NCSU is the same in NC. However, when we had our application in to join the ACC, NCSU was one of the few schools who voted against us coming in. Us land-grant schools are supposed to watch out for each other! And as VT fans are about as ubiquitous as green on grass in Virginia, the same can be said of State grads here, so the few Hokies down here have to stand tall in the sea of red and white. :)

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

I'm glad to see it back also. Actually any team in the ACC. Hell. I even pulled for Maryland a few years years ago when the won it.

It seems like year in and year out either an ACC team Big East, Big 10 or SEC. The PAC 10 gets in every now and then.

Archived