CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

"Service engine soon" light

If the Service Engine Soon light is illuminated, there is a current trouble code that is set......post the code and someone will translate it for you.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

You previously stated that you had EO47 IPC -- PCM Data Problem, is that code current? On earlier models this code shut off the AC compressor, does your AC work? Disconnecting the light would be extreme don't you think?

Had the P047 code for ac but that's been fixed.  Recently, the tranny lost 3rd and 4th so I rebuilt to the tune of $2600.  I have 2 error codes but when I clear them they come back again.  But tranny is working great!

Previous statements by icemanbwab:

>>Don't listen to all the babble!!! Sell it quick before your tranny slips third and fourth gear like mine did at 115,000 miles. Cost me $2600 to rebuild complete!

>>Had the P047 code for ac but that's been fixed. Recently, the tranny lost 3rd and 4th so I rebuilt to the tune of $2600

You know you continue to moan about your tranny, do you want help or are you just airing you frustration and complaints?

What are the codes? You have been asked multiple times..

Anybody know how to disconnect bulb or cut wire that leads to this annoying light on my dash, even though there's nothing wrong with my car? (1994 Seville SLS)

If you do not care of the code use a piece of black electric tape to cover the annoying light.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Hey Scotty,

Thanks for noticing that I've been "complaining"! You must be one of those guys with nothing better to do but sit on the computer all day and make fun of people just trying to make their caddy's run better!

I don't have the code in front of me, but when I looked it up in the manual, it referred to a PCM-IPC problem. I believe the codes were P047 and P039.

I guess my real question is whether I should take it back to the tranny shop for something that seems to be an electrical problem in the dash, not a problem with the tranny?

Why would all my lights be surging if it was a tranny problem?

Hey Scotty,

Thanks for noticing that I've been "complaining"!  You must be one of those guys with nothing better to do but sit on the computer all day and make fun of people just trying to make their caddy's run better!

I don't have the code in front of me, but when I looked it up in the manual, it referred to a PCM-IPC problem.  I believe the codes were P047 and P039.

I guess my real question is whether I should take it back to the tranny shop for something that seems to be an electrical problem in the dash, not a problem with the tranny?

Why would all my lights be surging if it was a tranny problem?

I AM MAKING FUN? YOU cast the first stone with your NEGATIVE "Don't listen to all the babble!" on your FIFTH post, and you expect help?

SIR, you ARE complaining and YOU have been VAGUE with your details, if you want help GREAT we are here to HELP you, if you are here to MOAN about make assinine comments about cutting the CEL, please don't waist our time.... GIVE SPECIFIC DETAILS otherwise no one can help.

If you think you are going to take shots at me, you have another thing coming, you have lost my help as I DO have something else to do besides listening to moaners.

Anybody know how to disconnect bulb or cut wire that leads to this annoying light on my dash, even though there's nothing wrong with my car? (1994 Seville SLS)

If you do not care of the code use a piece of black electric tape to cover the annoying light.

Good suggestion! Cab drivers in NYC city do that.....Imagine? Ignorance is bliss, assume nothing is wrong with the car and just remove the light, brilliant!

This is a GREAT place to suggest the solution of cutting or removing the CEL.... I am sure the 'slam-bang mechanics' at the local pep boys can cut the light for him..he is not providing enough information for us to help him

Don't disable the SES light....that won't make your car run better....LOL.

A047 - Low refrigerant charge.

P047 - IPC-PCM data problem.

P039 - Torque converter clutch/VCC clutch engagement problem. This definitely has something to do with the trans.....If it were my car, I would take it back to the trans shop and insist that they fix it considering they charged you $2600.....

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

If you live in OHIO, you service light must work to pass the emissions test. My 01 seville passed everything,but since the service engine light would not come on. It failed. The light did not come on when all of the other lights came on ,just before you start the engine.Thank god the car was still under warranty.The dealer had the car 2 days. They had to remove most of the dash,then send the unit out to a certified repair shop.I just had the car rechecked,and it passed. Think twice before you disconnect that light. :huh:

Since when did Ohio mandate an emissions test? Been living here 10+ years never heard of such a thing..(new law passed maybe?) ....Who checked your emissions and why?

A.J.

Regarding emissons testing in ohio. Just a few areas have it I live in summit county and you have to have it done every 2 years. Summit, portage, medina and cuyahoga county are included in the testing. If you don,t have to have it done,you are lucky. It is just a big rip off.$19.50 each time they do it. What a waste of time and money. Why don,t they do it state wide?

That is strange...you would think emissions testing would be state wide...and not vary by county....No emissions testing here in Franklin county...not yet at least.

A.J.

That is strange...you would think emissions testing would be state wide...and not vary by county....No emissions testing here in Franklin county...not yet at least.

The reason only us in the few counties surrounding

Cleveland are being screwed for $19.50 every two

years is because we failed some freakin' test one time

for smog.

That gave them the right stick it to us forever!

I heard that we are trying to fight/stop the testing

in Ohio. I don't see it happening..

It is done in areas connected to some silly smog

test that is connected to the amount of people

living around a given city.

You guys are lucky you only have $19.+ every two years.

Across the way in PA we have a vehicle safety inspection every year at around $19.00 (best of my knoweldge ohio does not) and starting a few years ago, in select counties (like you discussed) we have yearly emissions inspection too at about $35.00!

As a car guy I used to complain about the "safety inspection" as it somtimes limited things you could do to your car. However, after seeing the condition of average cars in a non inspection state I think it's a good idea they make sure we all have lights, wipers, tread and brakes! (now if they would only stop looking there...!)

Thanks CadiKing...seems a little more logical now.

Your're welcome!

It is funny, I work outside my county, so my co-workers

don't even know about the hassles of passing the test!

Many have never heard of E-Check!

Many people think the government is getting the money,

but actually E-Check is a company which set up shop in

California with a Vision. Get $20 from every car owner in

the country. It is privately owned and makes a ton of profit.

At least when they spun the wheels in the '90's, I felt like

I got something for my $20. Now, they hook up to OBDII,

and say "Have a good day!". They just got me for my gas

cap leaking.- LOL First time in 20+ years that I failed.

Lucky I guess.

Archived