CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Check this out!

davedog

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for helping me through my coolant diagnostics, and coolant flush. Everything is working the way it is supposed to now. The coolant in the overflow tank goes up to "hot" when the engine is running, and it goes back down to "cold" when the engine cools down! And when I pop the cap on the radiator, there is is! Happy green coolant sitting there right up to the rim!!! Woohoo!! It went down in the overflow tank after the first couple trips (just like Guru said it would) as the air worked it's way outand I put more coolant in, but it's stayed the same for a couple days now, so looks like no leaks!

And today marks a big day for my caddy too. Check this out

(sorry for the bad picture quality, all I had was my cell phone)

17679162_64682842_0.jpg

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

Dave,

Congrats on 75K. Glad you have not found leaks, but keep an eye on it - remember your radiator was half empty (about one gallon).

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Dave,

Congrats on 75K. Glad you have not found leaks, but keep an eye on it - remember your radiator was half empty (about one gallon).

Thanks for the well wishes.....maybe what happened to that coolant is that it circulated into the overflow tank as it was getting clogged, and then just got stuck there!?! And then since it had no where to go it just evaporated over time? That tube was REALLY clogged so this seems logical to me.....maybe the previous owner made a mistake and but some sort of stop leak in the system by adding it to the overflow tank instead of the radiator which contibuted to the mess in the hose?

Who knows?? All I know is that level continue to remain steady, and no leaks to be found ;)

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

Who knows?? All I know is that level continue to remain steady, and no leaks to be found 
That's what really matters. :) Since your system works as it is supposed to do, the only thing you need to watch is the level in the surge tank. You do not need to check the level of the coolant in the radiator for say, a month.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

I'm glad your cooling system is functioning the way it should. I will get to make sure mine is right in about 7 days from now. (feels like 50 more) Good Luck To Ya !!!!

Archived