CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

V-series wheels...what a drag!

STS Scott

I am upset!

That is, at the fact the the wheels Cadillac equips the V-series cars with are a complete drag!

If Cadillac wants to impress the world, than they need to understand what BMW figured out years ago, the wheels are what makes the car!

I don't like to be "critical about the home team", but to be brutally honest, I think that the wheels on the STS V and new XLR V are a joke. They look flat, thin, cheap, and have no visual presence what so ever.

They are certainly not a reflection of the jaw dropping automobiles they are bolted to.

Let's take BMW for example, who's products (love them or hate them!) have dramatic, powerful, just plain gorgeous wheels. The single most important thing in a nice wheel...depth...is abundant.

I fully respect Cadillac's efforts with the V series, but the dorky wheels they are using (save for the CTS V), are akin to wearing cheap sneakers with a Versace suit!

Whew. So there! lol

" ...'took my Cobra down t' the track, hitched to the back o' my Cadillac..."

- Jan & Dean, 'hey little cobra'

Scott

i agree whole heartedly. the XLR-V has the same bolt pattern as the Vette, hello!!!! that opens up all kinds of possibilities for a wheel and tire combo. this is just sad :( the STS i kinda like but the XLR-V suck. Cadillac get with it, I can't tell you how many wheels i looked at for my STSz and that where after market BMW wheels and not offered in the 5x115 bolt pattern. i finally settled for a set of masitaly 5 star wheels that set the car of pretty well. just my $.02.

I think they do it so that they can make more money off people coming in to replace there wheels lol! ;)

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

Cadillac has an aftermarket accessories catalog with stunning 18" wheels (and I think 19" for the XLR). Covers STS, SRX, CTS-V and XLR. This fold-apart pamphlet should at your local Cadillac dealer. Includes a slew of different wheels, plus other factory-authorized accessories. Great quality, but not cheap.

~Doc

I'm sorry folks, but I do not mind the wheels of the V cars. They do not look cheap to me. I do not like the BMW wheels as well. But for you guys that do not like the wheels, I offer this. How many different wheels were offered between 92-97 on Caddy's? Quite a few. If history repeats itself, the V cars will remain largely unchanged, except for the wheels, for many years, until the competition matches and surpasses them. Instead of hoping for new wheels, lets hope that Caddy stays ahead of the game this time!

True STYES, to each his own, however Cadillac should stay in the game WHILE at the same time bolting up exciting, powerful wheels to exciting powerful cars.

I'll agree that the CTS has a nice wheel design, but the XLR-V and STS-V's wheels have thin spokes, no depth (the wheel is virtually flat), and dull grey. Blegh!

I find BMW designs very exciting, mainly because of their size and deepness.

" ...'took my Cobra down t' the track, hitched to the back o' my Cadillac..."

- Jan & Dean, 'hey little cobra'

Scott

Archived