CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Seat Dye

ted tcb

I saw a faded, greying beige leather driver's seat on a 98 Beetle GLS last month. Today, while at the dealer, the seats look great.

The dealer uses a company called The Vinyl Doctor, and the look was impressive.

Question: Does this just look good on the lot, or could you expect reasonable life with beige dye on a high traffic area like the driver's seat???

1989 FWD Fleetwood, Silver

1995 STS Crimson Pearl on Black leather

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

The only Vinyl Doctor I found was located in Australia , is that where you live if so that probably will not help us guys that live in the USA. Other wise seems like a great way to go if they were closer to us.

Seabass

93 STS

I had some repair work done on my driver's deat cushion by a local auto upholstery shop. He gave me a busines card for a person that does upholstery recoloring in case I wanted to get it done. He told me that dealers often have this done to spruce up tired looking interiors inexpensively. He said they can do it in your driveway and can match the original color exactly.

I have no information as to how long it lasts or exactly how much it costs.

If you are interested, you can ask around at upholstery shops, auto detailers and used car dealers in your area and find someone to do it for you.

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

I think I already know the answer to this question, but could a blue armrest be dyed beige? I was looking for a replacement armrest for the center console in my 92 eldo, and the only one that still had one was blue <_>

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

I JUST RECENTLY ORDERED ONE AND IT COST $132.00 (SHIPPING INCLUDED) AND IT HAD THE CUP HOLDERS ALSO , NO KIDDING CHECK ONE OF MY POSTS ABOUT ARMREST AND IT GIVES THE PART # AND DEALER, ITS A NEUTRAL COLOR , IS THAT THE COLOR YOUR LOOKING FOR?

SEABASS

93STS

http://www.leatherseats.com/

check them out. Nice new covers...+ Cheap.

Thats is an excelent site! My dad has used it before!

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

Poobah,

Could you give me the name and location of the person that does the upholstery recoloring.

The referral was to:

Mary Lindsay

Valley Colorflex

1721 Ahart St., Simi Valley, CA (No Zip Given)

(818) 998-2480 (San Fernando Valley Area Code)

If you're in the area, check her out. The guy at the upholstery shop is a real craftsman and he wouldn't recommend someone unless they did good work.

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

Archived