CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

SUN ROOF LEAK

seabass

Happy Monday all , I wanted to mention that my sunroof is leaking right at the drivers side visor, I checked the drain hole and it seems clear , is there a new rubber or something that can be replaced around the sunroof glass ?

Seabass

93 STS

have you tried running a something through the drain to ensure that the hose is clear the whole way through? I found that it is easier to use compressed air, although you run the risk of the tube coming disconnected from the sunroof

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

seabass,

The drain line on the side that's leaking may be clear but if the other drain lines are plugged then it's a lot to ask of one drain to handle. Check to be sure the other 3 are unclogged. I recently had a leaking issue myself. Turned out that both my rear drain lines were plugged with debris. Here are some posts with similar problems:

http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?sho...c=4714&hl=trunk

http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?sho...4087&hl=sunroof

This one has nice pics of the trunk side curtain pulled away so you can access the rear drain lines.

http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=2423&st=0

Note that in your 93 the drain lines will be further back (towards the rear seat) and attached to the trunk floor rather then going out the side of the trunk as in the pics. There are 2 drain lines, one on each side of the trunk. Grab ahold at the base where it goes out the trunk floor and wiggle it out. When you have the line(s) out you will notice a nipple looking end piece. Give it a squeeze to open the nipple. If there is anything in the line it should come out along with mud and water. Have a drain can handy. Since the front drain line openings are easily accessible through the sunroof just take a long thick piece of fishing or weed whacker line and feed it through from the sunroof on down. Work it in and out a few times and it should clear the front lines. Hope this helps. Report back and let us know. Good luck.

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

I took apart my roof lining to make sure the drain line was still connected , sure enough it was , the leak is coming from where the drain hose and the drain pipe meet , the drain it self is rotted ( hose not clogged) its dripping before it can reach the hose , does anyone out there have a fix for this rotted out sunroof drain or how's about a new sun roof?

SEABASS

93 STS

I took apart my roof lining to make sure the drain line was still connected , sure enough it was , the leak is coming from where the drain hose and the drain pipe meet , the drain it self is rotted ( hose not clogged) its dripping before it can reach the hose , does anyone out there have a fix for this rotted out sunroof drain or how's about a new sun roof?

SEABASS

93 STS

RTV, hot glue gun, jb weld, etc. Remember that it doesn't have to be pretty, just functional...... unless you have Saran Wrap for a head liner.

Get creative. You could use a small section from a drinking straw. Use it as a form and apply RTV or something close over and around it. I just fixed a couple mysterious trunk leaks and will be posting pics shortly.

-regis

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

Archived