CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Replacement Grill

ted tcb

:huh: My wife backed into my STS this afternoon, pushing in the bumper, cracking the license plate holder, and ruining the grill. The bumper stopped when it ground into my tire.

I worked with an autobody friend tonight, and using a hydraulic press, we were able to push out the grill and line everthing up .... tougher than it sounds, had to remove lots of trim pieces to get to the bumper shocks.

The price from gm parts for a painted grill is about $350cdn to me, so I'm going to call the wreckers.

Will any Seville grill work on my 97STS, from 92 to 97? Eldorado is different?

Thanks for the advice. :)

1989 FWD Fleetwood, Silver

1995 STS Crimson Pearl on Black leather

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

Any 92 through 97 Seville (SLS or STS) grill will fit your car. Logan and others feel the 94-up style is prettier though I have to concede I'm not sure what the difference is. Eldorado grill will not work on your car.

While I don't have any of those to sell, your best value is to get one eBay. Caveat: Always check out your seller's feedback and/or e-mail him/her before purchase to get a feel for the person. But eBay is the place to go for something like that. Even junkyards can be pricey on those.

Good luck!

~Doc

:o Here's the damage ... hopefully, I'll get the ebay grill for well under $100, but the license holder is tough to find without purchasing and entire bumper ... part company wants $60 up here, and I'll probably bite the bullet on Monday.

post-3-1111884525_thumb.jpg

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

:huh: My wife backed into my STS this afternoon, pushing in the bumper, cracking the license plate holder, and ruining the grill. The bumper stopped when it ground into my tire.

I worked with an autobody friend tonight, and using a hydraulic press, we were able to push out the grill and line everthing up .... tougher than it sounds, had to remove lots of trim pieces to get to the bumper shocks.

The price from gm parts for a painted grill is about $350cdn to me, so I'm going to call the wreckers.

Will any Seville grill work on my 97STS, from 92 to 97? Eldorado is different?

Thanks for the advice. :)

Maybe its time your wife took another driveing course lol! ;)

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

;) Funny enough, her first comment to me was, "why did you park directly behind my

car".

She's a great gal, so I took the $$$ accident in stride .... oh, and she's healing quite well, should look presentable for easter mass Sunday morning :D

Seriously though, at the end of the day, your family and their health is all that matters, and a car can always be fixed, replaced, or just mothballed for awhile.

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

Archived