CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Coolent Pooring out back of engine

Matt

Guys---- The info is wonderfull. I am printing all of it now and will start Thursday making arrangments to aquire all of it. I am very excited about all of this. With the hi milage these engines are capable of if taken care of correctly this one is just a little bit past break-in. Well, May be not quite but you know what I mean. I cant wait to get this puppy back under my foot !!!

Matt, I will try to run by and take some photos for you, and look it over, Mike

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Matt, i sure hope you find out what your problems are...im keeping my fingers

crossed for you.....

P-CAKE...

Don't you mean what his problems WERE...?

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

Good Morning all. That's it, I hope my branch to branch trips are done for a few months at least. I have much to do at my base branch now. I'm tied up today big time but hope to get out to the shop on Monday. ( with camara ) So the New Engine is bought and payed for. It's as good as mine. If I can get out of obligations for Saturday I will go get it my self, but it does not look good. I will most likely have to wait for them to deliver it Monday to my budds shop. This is Gooood!! I can't wait to see what the problems "were". To the office I go. Be back later....

Why is it, the manual dosent mention these bars...im confused on this..

if a car needs this shouldnt the manual say so...what do they do for a car

and is it just older models or the newer cars..dont mean to be rude, i just

cant find it in my manual..thanks

Valve Cover Gaskets - Oil Pan Gasket - Rear Mail Seal - Platnum Plugs - Wires - Cooling Line O-rings - Rotella 15W40 - GM , EOS - Low Toxicity Green Coolent, Disstilled Water - Bars Tabs....... O - yah

Why is it, the manual dosent mention these bars...im confused on this..

if a car needs this shouldnt the manual say so...what do they do for a car

and is it just older models or the newer cars..dont mean to be rude, i just

cant find it in my manual..thanks

I think the factory stopped adding the sealant in the late 1990s or so so that is why it is not in your manual but it is still a good idea to use it. Both my 1993 Fleetwood and 1996 Seville owner's manuals state that the use of the sealant is required.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

The Low toxicity coolant is as if it never happened, Conventional, green, silicated coolant is what shall be. Thanks for watching for errors. Other than that, I take it all else is OK. Thanks Bob.....

Don't know how I missed this thread. Do not go to Brogan in Ridgewood, under any circumstances. They'll do nothing, but screw you over. They've done it to me, and they've done it to my friend too. If your looking for a good dealer in the area, try Brogan of Totowa. Although they share the same name, they are not affiliated with each other. Brogan will give you nothing but trouble. I just talked to my friend a few minutes ago, when he brought this thread to my attention. He lives in Ridgewood, and has had to use them before. "Not anymore" he says. Good Luck with your car, I hpe you get it fixed. Remember, Brogan of Ridgewood-EVIL! Brogan of Totowa-GOOD! :lol:

edit: Finally got around to reading all of the posts. Sounnds like your getting a pretty good deal with that other 4.9L. Good Luck with the install, hope everything goes well.

Ok, I just heard from Mike. He stopped in to check my new engine and spoke to the fellow running the show down there and all is fine. Also the engine looks great. A picture of the engine will be here soon. Mike, a BIG THANKS to you guy!!!!!!!

Remember, Brogan of Ridgewood-EVIL!  Brogan of Totowa-GOOD! :lol:

I was wondering, with all the bad press that Brogan Cadillac of Ridgwood is getting, do you think that Cadillac/GM should investigate. Dealers with dishonest service departments reflect badly on ALL Cadillac/GM dealerships. :angry:

Britt

Britt

Valve Cover Gaskets - Oil Pan Gasket - Rear Mail Seal -  Platnum Plugs - Wires - Cooling Line O-rings - Rotella 15W40 - GM , EOS - Low Toxicity Green Coolent, Disstilled Water -  Bars Tabs.......                O - yah

Matt,

How about replacing the torque converter to transmission seal and the torque convertor TCC "O" ring on the input shaft while the engine is out? I would recommend doing both of them. Nothing like putting an engine back in one of these cars only to have the trans start leaking or the TCC not applying because of a missing or damaged TCC shaft seal.

Britt

Britt

Torque converter to transmission seal and the torque convertor TCC "O" ring .. Done Deal. I will make it so!!!! Thanks for the input. You are 100 % correct, do it now and not later. Thanks again

Matt, here is the photo, the engine was five engines deep, so I could get too close nor could I get a great picture... It looks clean, look inside the throttle body and look at the intake manifold. Its a 4.9, with 60K miles, from a 1995 Deville (his stock number 37779) I saw his book on it. I think you will be thrilled with this engine, Mike

You guys are suggesting some really good things to replace! Terrific! Matt's engine job is a CaddyInfo.com joint effort!

post-3-1112296545_thumb.jpg

By the way, it appears that BROGAN was right in this instance regarding Matt's car, but its amazing that they stated that they have seen MANY like this!

Can you believe BROGAN sent me a notice on LONG ISLAND, that I had not had the Fuel Rail Recall done and I was to contact them? AT ONCE! The recall was done in January at a local dealer.. I have owned the car here in NY for 18 months... Amazing that they would take the time to track me down in NY.

The odd thing is that my car is on GM Link, and my 'home' dealer is my local dealer here NOT BROGAN, and the recall was done in January 2005, but they went to the trouble to find me, a new owner, outside of New Jersey.... I was stunned when I got the card. This car was sold by Brogan originally, but has not been serviced there since 1998...

post-3-1112297310_thumb.jpg

bbobynski, a few here have expressed concern that the 95 Deville 4.9 that I found for Matt will not work in his 1993 Seville. From my experience with sending the 4.9 to Amsterdam, I do not believe that this will be a problem and that a 4.9 is a 4.9 regardless of year. I know this is an issue with the Northstar, but I do not believe its an issue with a 4.9, are their any pitfalls? My friend at the junk yard never expressed any issues...and our member in Amsterdam who used a newer engine had no problems. What do you think? Mike

Good Evening all. I was feeling very good and relaxed and thought I would come and hang out for a wile. Well nedless to say I now am having yet another acid attack. What is this I am reading about incompatability ????????????????? Ware are these posts and what is wrong. PLEASE fill me in someone. On Friday I will start making phone calls if I must to check this out... Edit === I'm going to go lay down for a wile, I am really having some sort of acid attack, it's been getting worse the last few days and now it's terrible. Be back around 10:30 PM / EST

Good Evening all.  I was feeling very good and relaxed and thought I would come and hang out for a wile. Well nedless to say I now am having yet another acid attack.  What is this I am reading about incompatability ?????????????????   Ware are these posts and what is wrong.  PLEASE fill me in someone.     On Friday I will start making phone calls if I must to check this out...   Edit ===  I'm going to go lay down for a wile, I am really having some sort of acid attack, it's been getting worse the last few days and now it's terrible. Be back around 10:30 PM / EST

Matt, where are what posts? Who said ANYTHING about incompatibility? RELAX! If people are PMing you their apprehensions about this exchange WITHOUT posting them here please ignore them discussions of that sort should be had HERE not in PMs to upset you..

A few people have PM'd me asking me IF a 95 fit a 93 computers etc, ................... I have already spoken to Scott about this issue repeatedly.

I would bet my life there is no issue with this exchange. THIS IS NOT a NORTHSTAR which is sensitive to this exchange.. I have done this before...

Since a few people PM'd on me on a 95 vs 93, I decided to ask for a definitive statement from bbobynski, not to worry.. I just wanted him to give his blessing..he is afterall the guru! As you can see by this statement by bbobynski, he IS following your situation carefully>> "Go by a GM dealer and pick up a quart of GM EOS (engine oil supplement) and put that into the oil when it is filled for the first time. It has extra anti-wear additives in it that will help with any wear spots that might exist and help with starting an engine that has not run for awhile." <<

I asked bbobynski the question as I was asked by a couple of members about a 95 in a 93, I DO NOT believe its an issue, relax

FWIW, I have never heard anything about 4.9 incomapatability between years like the Northstar. I'm quite sure if that were the case I would have remembered Guru mention it at least once before.

FWIW, I have never heard anything about 4.9 incomapatability between years like the Northstar. I'm quite sure if that were the case I would have remembered Guru mention it at least once before.

Thanks Larry, your statement will calm Matt... bbobynski is so tuned in that as we were discussing this 95 into a 93, he would have been all over it.... I was approached twice by individuals asking about this, but I think they are used to hearing about the Northstar and how year to year there may be issues... Thanks

The ONLY possiblity of an issue are the exhaust manifolds being different (outlet angles) and that should be looked at while the engines are side by side, worst case the manifolds from the old engine would be used...

Like in the past you guys have put me at ease. It's 11 PM, I just got up off the couch. There must be something more going on with my gut then just acid. I am feeling very poor, my gut has much pain, it's going up into my chest. This may be just from a week or so of tension and worry combined with moderate acid reflux. I will seek aid in the AM if this is still bothering me. Mike you did tell me today not to worry. The issue was with a North Star engine. I read the last posts again and again. What a Relief. I will drop off my big box of parts as planed in the PM Friday. I'm just waiting for my Cooling Line O-Rings to come in. Boy, this is going to be a nice - complete rebuild thanks to the people here on this board!!! I'm going to look things over here once more and hit the sack. 5 AM will be here fast. Good Night All.

Archived