CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Buick gone?

Dasher

I bet you could get a screamin' deal on a used S/C 3800 Regal, 2-3 years old. 0-60 in 6.6 seconds I think with those cars. Complete sleepers.

I did however leave out that I like the Regal but it is just a Century on some really good drugs. I could imagine taking a hit of 3800 Supercharged dope :P . Yes I like the Regal and I know it is only a glossied up version of the Century but all Century's should look like the Regal. As far as I know, I don't know anyone that owns a Century. The only time I see one is with a Budget sticker on the bumper ;) .

Spence

I did however leave out that I like the Regal but it is just a Century on some really good drugs....Yes I like the Regal and I know it is only a glossied up version of the Century but all Century's should look like the Regal.

Spence, are you sure? I know the Regal is on the same W-body (did they start calling it the GM-10?) platform that is shared with the Oldsmobile Intrique and Pontiac Grand Prix. Traditionally, the Century was on the A-body platform, shared with the Oldsmobile Ciera, Pontiac 6000, Chevy Celebrity, etc. I think the Buick Century was the last of those cars...but I'm not sure what platform it was on during its last iteration. I didn't think it was on the W-body, but it could have been.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

The one trademark design that nags me about Buicks in general are those carp/catfish/sucker mouth grill designs....ugh! 

-kg

Buick = strange, ugly grills that is for sure! :D Your post reminded me of this car that a guy I car-pooled to work with years ago drove. It looked very similar to this one, and it had a straight-8 with 3 on the column if I remember right. Man, did that grill look like it would swallow you up if you got too close! :lol:

50super4dr.jpg

You know, i must really have been nulling out the Buicks, I didn't even realize that the new Lucerne had a N* in it! :o

Sprucegoose!

The car in that pic looks like a sucker or channel cat throwing up spaghetti. :lol:

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

Buick is the very back-bone and foundation for GM, as it was Billy Durant, the founder of the Buick Motor Car company, that eventually formed General Motors.

I believe that is the reason that Olds was chopped in the first place, and not Buick.

Buick simply holds to much clout in GM history, as with out Buick there would have been no GM.

" ...'took my Cobra down t' the track, hitched to the back o' my Cadillac..."

- Jan & Dean, 'hey little cobra'

Scott

Actually! David Dunbar Buick started the Buick Motor Car Co. Billy was the son of a rich carriage maker who saw the future and it was not the horse but horse power. He started GM by buying Buick from David who was kept on but he did not like the direction of the company so he and Billy parted ways. David died in obscurity but Durant went on to own Gm then Chevrolet then GM again but lost it to J.P.Morgan a New York Banker. Durant went on to form the Durant Motor Co. but it went bankrupt. Durant also died relatively poor and obscure. One of the companies Durant bought in the early days was cadillac from Leland Sanford who was a perfectonist, he stayed on and was given control over the operations of his old company, and cadillac became the standard of the world. Mike

Actually! David Dunbar Buick started the Buick Motor Car Co. Billy was the son of a rich carriage maker who saw the future and it was not the horse but horse power. He started GM by buying Buick from David who was kept on but he did not like the direction of the company so he and Billy parted ways. David died in obscurity but Durant went on to own Gm then Chevrolet then GM again but lost it to J.P.Morgan a New York Banker. Durant went on to form the Durant Motor Co. but it went bankrupt. Durant also died relatively poor and obscure. One of the companies Durant bought in the early days was cadillac from Leland Sanford who was a perfectonist, he stayed on and was given control over the operations of his old company, and cadillac became the standard of the world. Mike

I thought Henry Leland started Cadillac????

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

>One of the companies Durant bought in the early days was cadillac from Leland Sanford who was a perfectonist,<

That's a new one...

Oh, do you mean the guy with the son "Lamont" ;):lol:

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

>One of the companies Durant bought in the early days was cadillac from Leland Sanford who was a perfectonist,<

That's a new one...

Oh, do you mean the guy with the son "Lamont" ;):lol:

No - not Fred Sanford.... :lol::lol::lol:

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived