Cadillac Seville SLS 1996 AC compressor change

Hello everyone,

I have changed my AC compressor this week and I forgot to put oil manually in the compressor. The compressor shipped dry as stated. I have refilled the system with the proper ac fluid and 100 ML of pag 150 via the AC lines 

manual says 236ML but I only replaced my compressor so there should be some oil left in the system  

Is this alright for the system and compressor or do I need to do it over and manually put some oil in the compressor? 

and is it harmful to drive the car with the AC off in this condition? 

I hope to hear from someone,

with kind regards

Jan-Daniel

Hello. Welcome to CaddyInfo.

So heres the thing, The compressor should have had oil in it from manufacturing and storage. 

The oil should be drained out and the proper oil installed into the suction line.

Important is to spin the clutch by hand when expelling the shipping oil and circulating the new oil throughout the compressor.

Which port did you put the oil into? High or low side?

If high side then the oil may not make it back to the compressor.

If on the low side then you may be ok.

The oil amounts sound reasonable. For sure do not want too much.

If at least I would spin that clutch by hand just to see how it feels and to try and circulate the oil.

If not run yet you may be able to disconnect the suction side line(drier side) and pour the oil in the pipe that goes down to the compressor, then repeat above.

Good luck to you

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

If it shipped dry, I would remove the compressor, verify that it is dry,  and add some ( 50ml or so )  oil and spin the compressor as rockfangd suggested. I wouldn't run it dry...those compressors weren't that tough.

Safe to drive as long as the compressor stays off...

Edited by OldCadTech

THERE IS ALWAYS ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB RIGHT - THERE IS NEVER ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB AGAIN !!!