CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

EGR OUT

95SLS

Code PO36 on my 95 says its a EGR Valve Pintle out of wack. What is the fix? I tried achives but looks like they are gone for good eh?

Mike C

• 2 weeks later...

Ok thanks, Not too fimiliar with the new board. This explains everything. I was only off by a few feet! What was that I cleaned? LOL

Ok people, I did it. But it was kinda hard, I didn't like where they put the nuts that hold it down, Up under the fuel rail like that. But good thing, i discovered a fuel rail leak, just spaying the area down right ater the metal tube. Going in for new at 0830 Said it s covered. Huh we shall see. I have TWO going in. 95 and 96.

Another wierdo wacko thing happened. Ya know the o ring that goes bettween the TB and the spacer plate? Somehow during the process it grew sso much, like an inch. That no way it would go back on, I had to buy new (Second trip)

The first trip was for the gasket, yep it was ruined. And the new one did not have the screen on it. But being that the screen was so clean, I figured we don't need it anyways.

BUT the hole on the specer plate that goes towards the front of the engine was the problem, it was almost totally blocked solid with carbon like matter. I hacked out out with a pick.

And I read about the solvents afterthe job although I did not use much because it said it would ruin the powder coating on the pin.

Ya walked me through another fine job. Code is gone.

"But good thing, i discovered a fuel rail leak, just spaying the area down right ater the metal tube. Going in for new at 0830 Said it s covered. Huh we shall see. I have TWO going in. 95 and 96."

There is a recall on the '95 - '97 fuel rails. There won't be a charge and you'll get nice new shiney stainless steel rails. The bad news is the next time you try to clean the EGR it will be harder as the SS rails don't have any flex like the nylon ones do so you'll have to remove the fuel rail.

Archived