CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2008 SRX4 3.6L mods?

Welcome   :welcomesmiley: 

I already responded to the blog comment, but a general modification response would be "How much money do you want to spend, and how fast do you want to go?"

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Here you go 

http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/2010-cadillac-srx-advance-awd-system-delivers-high-stability-in-all-driving-conditions/#comment-505496

Although you can tweak the 3.6L for some improvements to breathing, exhaust, etc it will not make a substantive difference in the performance envelope for the SRX 4wd. If you want a tunable hotrod Cadillac platform the CTS-V is definitely the way to go. That said, optimizing performance can be fun in and of itself regardless of the platform.

Bruce

As for the answer to the big question, I'll just say I'm not into spending more than a couple grand, and I don't think I can effectively modify that particular auto cost effectively. I'd like to get 15 extra HP and not weaken the car's defenses to the elements, so. . . I'm really not sure what I want to do other than just keep it well maintained and tuned up like an instrument. 

22 minutes ago, Fletcher Anthony said:

Yeah, precisely. I've actually had my eye on '62 Corvairs and 80's Porsches for my "need for speed,"  or the equivalent thereof.

Sadly i think the market for 80s 911s has inflated quite a bit.  The inexpensive Porches now is the Boxster, albeit different experience than a 911.  The lack of engine access puts me off Boxsters.  If I were shopping for a non-Cadillac toy I like the BMW Z3/Z4 series, although they may be expensive to maintain.

Bruce

If it was me and I wanted a bit more GO-FAST in my 3.6  there are a few PCM tuners out there

for some simple and easy engine tuning mods for less than $500 bucks.

If you also wanna turn wrenches or have a fat wallet there are a lot of aftermarket go-faster    

goods to install too.

Edited by sonjaab

93 DeVille-13 Chevy Impala

72 GTO - 77 Triumph Bonneville

84 Z-28

Syracuse NY