CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Opinion on Wheels Wanted

jackc

Doc

I just bought the set of SLS 7 spokes you've got on eBay. Looking forward to getting them!

Jackc,

That's cool! I'm thinking they will really look nice on a white ETC. B) You'll have to post a picture when you get them on...

Didn't you just put some new tires on a while back? Are these an extra set for "summer only", or are you dismounting the new treads and putting them on the SLS wheels? I sold my old dish-pan rims for $225, or something like that to recover part of the cost of the new SLS wheels. ;)

'09 Cadillac CTS-4 3.6 direct injection, 128 K mi.
'15 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 5.3i V8, 125 K mi
'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

Thanks sprucegoose -

Yes, I did get some new tires recently. They'll go on the new wheels. Too bad i didn't get the sequence quite right :huh:. Oh well.

I was just getting ready to wash it and take a picture for the "what color is it" post, so I guess this will be my before picture. I'll definitely put up an after.

I'm glad to hear you were able to get some decent money out of your old wheels. If I can get something similar, it'll go along ways toward the cost.

Just curious if you opted to swap for the Cadillac Wreath center caps or stick with the SLS logos... I didn't think it was worth the extra money myself.

I have a back-burner project simmering right now to machine up a custom set of stainless center caps. Haven't decided on a design yet, maybe something "Sprucegoose" related?! :P:D

'09 Cadillac CTS-4 3.6 direct injection, 128 K mi.
'15 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 5.3i V8, 125 K mi
'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

I just put some chrome 97' Concourse rims on my '96 with the gold Vogue wreath center caps. I got all four for $180!!! of of eBay! I was patient in looking for the best deal and it paid off !!

post-3-1112123407_thumb.jpg

Would Cadillac SRX wheels fit on a 94 STS? Thanks

Nope. No way. Not without alot of work.

~Doc

Why would it be alot of work? They are only 18's arent they???? :huh:

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

Why would it be alot of work? They are only 18's arent they????

That has nothing to do with it. The offset and/or bolt pattern are different. The SRX wheel is not designed for a FWD car as well.

Biggest problem is 6-lug wheel on a 5-lug hub.

~Doc

post-3-1112239933_thumb.jpg

I just found this forum....this is awesome biggrin.gif Does anyone have an extra center cap for a 99sls?? someone stole one off my car last night

WELCOME! :D

check out cadio doc on Ebay, he's got just about everything when in comes to cadillac wheels, and he's got awesome deals too! :D:D

P.S. Nice caddy!

-dave B)

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

Archived