CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Opinion on Wheels Wanted

jackc

If I could get a set of these wheels for a good price, do you think they'd look better than the standard gray alloys I have?

24_2.jpg

These are what I already have (not my car - mine's white)

94Eldo2.jpg

Or should I wait for something better to come along?

I think I'd like to have some chrome ones. These are supposed to be from a Seville.

I have a set of deville wheels from 2002... the stock ones... I think it looks sexy on my 93 sts..

I would wait for something else to come along.. ebay usually has new wheels in cycles... some days you find many... some days you find nothing.... take your time shopping.. MD

Cop didn't see it, I didn't do it!

93 STS 225,000 Miles

99 STS 111,000 Miles

Roger that. They don't look that much better. I'd wait for something else too. If you search, you can find some that look way nicer for not that much. Get something newer like that seven spoke. They look way sportier.

Jackc, if you don't care for the 7-spoke wheels that were popular from the STSes, I have some suggestions:

1) The 96-97 SLSes had 9-spoke wheels. These came in both chrome and silver. Here's an example of chrome:

http://www.jnjhome.net/cadillac/images/hilltop3_lo.jpg

2) The 97-99 Deville d'Elegance had stunning chrome'd wheels, and they look similar to yours. Here's an example of them:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...5&category=6146

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

I like Davedog's rims. http://www.rankmyride.com/data//e/e/7858//...ge/p4030041.jpg

I think he got them from another member on this board called CardioDoc or something.

I agree with u there! His wheels are awsome!

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

Those are pretty nice, but I would check on the back-spacing compared to your OEM rims...

The next logical step to all that ugly brake stuff... Dress that up too! It makes the rims look that much more attractive! B)

My 93 Eldo with 04 SLS Rims, cross-drilled rotors, painted calipers and pads...

post-3-1111529122_thumb.jpg

'09 Cadillac CTS-4 3.6 direct injection, 128 K mi.
'15 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 5.3i V8, 125 K mi
'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

Personally, I'd stick to chrome. They look way nicer. Also, I'd stay away from the dealer take offs. Be patient. If you do your research, you should be able to find some nice chrome ones with a nice design for around $300 - $400. I'm telling you, invest your money in something youre gonna love. You should be like, " these are the ones!!!!"

Two words (or maybe just one, sort of kinda)

"Cardio-Doc"

Supply a pic and he might be able to photo-shop several sets of wheels on your vehicle (virtural purchase?)

"Private Message" him as a site member or look over his stuff on Ebay.

If he's got it - you won't be disapointed in the price, shipping or anything else.

:)

Add power to leave problems behind. Most braking is just - poor planning.

Spruce,

Seein all that break stuff is like walkin around in a pair of low ride jeans showin your butt crack. Some things are better left unseen! :lol::lol::huh::blink:

Just kidding. They look very nice!

Can you post a picture of the whole side view showing the wheels. I also have the stock gray wheels and am also looking to buy something a bit better looking.

Spruce - That wheel looks really nice. I like what you've done with the brake. I'd be interested in seeing the side view of your car too.

Probably like this: (Thanks Cardio-Doc for the unauthorized use of your pic)

I'm thinking this could be the look............

81_12_s.JPG

And its amazing - somehow the car just looks cleaner overall with the new wheels

:huh:

Jackc,

They look great! And I have a silver Eldorado with the chromed trim. I would be happy with either the rims with the Cadillac emblem or the SLS rims. I must confess that I'm a little partial towards the Cadillac emblem.

JackC, those 7 spoke wheels do look nice.

I had the 95 Seville wheels on my car, the original ones that is (just like the ones on that red eldo, that Rob_M posted), and decided to upgrade too.

I purchased the 17 inch CTS wheels with a "chiseled out" design, that I think looks really tough.

I got them through Cardio-Doc, and he still has a few sets available on his site there. They are a great deal now too, relative to what I paid about a year ago.

Here is an image of them, on the Eldo's "blood brother" however...

post-3-1111553506_thumb.jpg

" ...'took my Cobra down t' the track, hitched to the back o' my Cadillac..."

- Jan & Dean, 'hey little cobra'

Scott

STS Scott, I absoloutley love those rims on there.

I wish they were 18's though,

hahah 17 is close enough.

As mentioned before my only concern is my brakes showing. I know there very dirty and rusty on a few spots

"Cadillac, it's not a car, it's an obsession"

-W.Kingdon

Spruce,

Seein all that break stuff is like walkin around in a pair of low ride jeans showin your butt crack. Some things are better left unseen! :lol::lol::huh::blink:

Just kidding. They look very nice!

Can you post a picture of the whole side view showing the wheels. I also have the stock gray wheels and am also looking to buy something a bit better looking.

I don't have a perfect right angle shot, but this one I have posted earlier. I really like the look of these rims, but would have prefered the chrome 7-spoke STS ones... Probably should have kept searching, but couldn't find any decent ones at the time for a good price, and I was pushed for time as my old tires were totally gone.

Good luck with your search! B)

post-3-1111599904_thumb.jpg

'09 Cadillac CTS-4 3.6 direct injection, 128 K mi.
'15 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 5.3i V8, 125 K mi
'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

JackC, those 7 spoke wheels do look nice.

I had the 95 Seville wheels on my car, the original ones that is (just like the ones on that red eldo, that Rob_M posted), and decided to upgrade too.

I purchased the 17 inch CTS wheels with a "chiseled out" design, that I think looks really tough.

I got them through Cardio-Doc, and he still has a few sets available on his site there. They are a great deal now too, relative to what I paid about a year ago.

Here is an image of them, on the Eldo's "blood brother" however...

These wheels fit the sevilles perfect! I want a set hopefully this summer I can get the money! They are amayzing and they make the car look totally different much more aggresive! Nice choice!!!!!

user posted image

Hello all:

Thanks for the kind words. Nothing makes such a dramatic and immediate improvement in your vehicle's looks as a new set of wheels. Plus the newer (OEM) wheels are lighter weight than their older counterparts, and reducing unsprung weight is a plus for performance (braking and acceleration), handling and even fuel economy.

I'm partial to OEM because it's what I carry, but having handled aftermarket wheels I can honestly say that the OEM wheels are the HIGHEST QUALITY and low weight. Think about it, economies of scale are on the OEM side. Cadillac uses how many wheels a year? Versus the aftermarket in a given fitment. Plus Cadillac has deeper pockets for R & D.

I've got some killer values on the style shown in the image below. It was a rare option on the 2004 CTS but supply has opened up a bit since it became a common option on the 2005 STS. See listing for fitments though they'll bolt right onto all FWD Cadillacs from 1986-up. While a 17" rim, it looks more like an 18" wheel due to the design of the spokes coming nearly to the lip like they do. And that polished finish looks very classy.

E-mail me for specific interests.

To see all that I have to offer click here:

http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZcardioQ2ddoc

regards,

~Doc

post-3-1111684028_thumb.jpg

Anythings better than your first pick. Yes those alloy rims would look better. OEM rules!!! Bottom line! But some of the older ones are butt ugly. Rims's next on my list after I paint my ride. A nice sparkling bright chrome set of newer STS rims....

Doc, I am drooling over those rims!!!

I wish my bank account was also. Unfortunately I wont have any cash-ola after I my cars painted.

I think I will just wait till my tires are toast anyways.

"Cadillac, it's not a car, it's an obsession"

-W.Kingdon

Awsome wheels!!!!!

Doc I see that you have some of the new 2005 18 inch wheels! They look spectacular! If only I hade more money! The wheels on my car would be close to what I paid! :P Some day though I will have to get a set of those on my car they are so perfect. The 2005 STS at my local dealer has those wheels on it and as soon as I seen them I said I wonder what they are worth!

user posted image

Awsome wheels!!!!!

Doc I see that you have some of the new 2005 18 inch wheels! They look spectacular! If only I hade more money! The wheels on my car would be close to what I paid! :P Some day though I will have to get a set of those on my car they are so perfect. The 2005 STS at my local dealer has those wheels on it and as soon as I seen them I said I wonder what they are worth!

You have good taste, my friend. And actually I'm in partners with the Cadillac dealer on those wheels/tires. The price may seem steep compared to what I sell other Cadillac wheels for, but when you look at the quality of them, plus factor in that they are 18" and with the tires - the pricing is a very good value.

This rare style only comes in a 'polished' finish. It doesn't come in painted finish, nor is it available from the factory in chrome. But the polish has really great 'bling'.

cheers,

~Doc

post-3-1111718268_thumb.jpg

Archived