CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Tune up and missfires

monoloco38

To everyone. finally. After a few months of racking my brain I've found the solution. This is for a 1993 cadillac deville. 4.9 V8 engine. If you have one this might help you. Per my understanding this happens when the learning codes are reset. This also needs to be performed after a tune up, adjusting the throttle position sensor, or otherwise if your vehicle is missfiring after going through maintenance. The flood fuel mode set by the PCM basically gets stuck in that mode. To shut this off place the key in running without starting the vehicle, then press the gas pedal to the floorboard and keep it there. Don't pump the pedal. Turn the key clockwise maintaining your foot on the pedal all the way down. The vehicle will crank but will not start. Do this for 2 to 3 seconds and turn the key off. This shuts off the mode. I also read it re calibrates the throttle sensor. Hope this works for you guys. Now keep in mind I checked and re checked all systems. Fuel pressure,  38psi and injectors. Full throttle body cleaned, no vacuum leaks and so on. No more missfires and the car runs beautiful.