CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

93 Seville MAP sensor

Matt

My Day has a 93 Eldorado with a 4.9L PFI engine just like what I have in my 93 Seville. I'm still looking for a "now intermitent" hesitation and rough idle problem on my Seville. Today I experimented with the MAP sensors on both cars. On the Eldorado wile the car is idleing if you un-plug the MAP sensor the engine slows down then comes back to idle speed. If you un-plug it again within a few seconds the engine shuts off. On my Seville if I do the same thing to the MAP sensor nothing happens at all. - - Did I stumble onto a bad MAP sensor on My Seville?? Could this be causing the problem I have been having ?? I have my fingers crossed... Matt

I do not remember what problems you are having but I suspect you found it. I would venture to guess that if you can unplug it and have no effect while the other car does, then it is bad. Why not swap them and see if that cures your problem? That will be a positive test.

I wanted to but My Dad is uncomfortable with me fooling with his car that has no problems. I never argue with my parents. ( case closed )

I looked into the chances of swapping MAP sensors again to make the test but it is not going to happen. I will need more info about the test I made on both cars by un plugging them and seeing what the engins did. I bet these are expensive little sensors and I want to be sure about replacing it.

I wanted to but My Dad is uncomfortable with me fooling with his car that has no problems. I never argue with my parents. ( case closed )

I like the way they raised you ;)

Along with these questions on MY MAP sensor as compared to the MAP sensor on the other car, I have a question on my Idle Speed Control motor. I have noticed that sometimes when I shut the engine off that ISC motor makes some clicking sounds and you can see it jumping a bit. Is this a sign that it is going bad????

I just ordeed a new MAP sensor for my car. I'm not sure if it has a problem or not but it is an original part so it may not be a bad idea to put on a new one. We will see what happens. I also ordered a new serpentine belt. ( Little By Little )

Archived