CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

94 Deville Clock

gbu28

Hi everyone I just bought my first Cadillac!!! It is a 94 Deville with 72,000 miles. God I love this car. One thing though, I don't have an owners manual. I need to know how to set the clock. Can anyone help me out with this??? Also, where can I get the owners manual at?

Jim

Per the book:

"Turn the ignition on, Then:

Press SET, and within 5 seconds,

Press and Hold SEEK. When the clock gets to the correct hour, let go.

To set the Minutes:

Press SET, and within 5 seconds,

Press and hold SCAN. When the clock gets to the correct minute, let go.

Your clock is set."

I hope that this helps.

Enjoy your new Caddy! :P

Britt

Britt

GBU28,

Are the two rear doors unlocking while the front passenger door is remaining locked? Does the passenger door unlock electrically from the drivers door switch? If the door will unlock using the drivers door switch, and not with the remote, then I would guess that the passenger door lock mechanisim probably need lubrication. If you cannot unlock the passenger door with the interior controls, then you probably have a broken wire or bad unlock solenoid.

You probably will need to get a service manual for your car. If I remember correctly, Helm is having a sale this month on manuals. Do a search on this website for the information. The manuals are at least 1/2 price which is a GREAT deal. Especially if you do some of your own maintenance. It will go a long way in keeping shops honest also. These cars are complicated and trying to work on one without a manual is a real crap shoot.

I believe that you can get your owner's manual from Helm also.

I'm glad that I was of help on the clock.

Good Luck,

Britt

Britt

Welcome aboard!

Not sure how the remotes work for a '94 Deville. With my '94 Eldo, I push the button once to unlock the left door and then a second time to unlock the right door. On my wife's '96 Olds Cutlass 4-Door, you push the button once to open the left front door and press and hold it for a second or two to open all the doors. I suspect the Deville works in some similar way. If you play around with it, you can probably figure it out, (assuming the right front door mechanism is working properly). It wouldn't hurt to put new batteries in the remote so you know that isn't the problem.

My wife's Olds didn't have an owner's manual when she got it. She ordered one through our local dealer. If I remember correctly, the cost was $35. If you live near a big city, try and locate a wrecking yard that specializes in Cadillacs. They generally have Owner's manuals as well as all kinds of other goodies you may need from time to time.

Enjoy your Cadillac!

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

Hey Jim, if you don't have an owner's manual (from the glove compartment), you can download a PDF version here. If you don't know, you can do a search in Adobe Acrobat for say CLOCK, and every instance of CLOCK will come up so you can find what you need very quickly! Good Luck, Mike

http://myweb.accessus.net/~090/resources-cad.html

Click on your year and then model

Archived