CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

wheel bareing

The wheel bareing on my 94 STS has had it! The wheel shakes all over the place so we need a new one! What do these cost? We have access to a parts car so is it just a matter of pulling it off that one and puting it on myn? I have no knoledge to these so I am a little confused lol! We just had it to a mechanic and he told us the ball bareing on the rear passengers side was shot! Any one now anything about these? And what I can be excpecting to pay for it?

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

I think the bearng & hub assembly is less than $200.

Thats not to bad would the one on this parts car be any good to me? Or are they one of these things were once u take them off they are no good?

user posted image

No, they can be removed from one car and put on another but you never know how long it will last. The good news is, if it goes, you'll change it in half the time.

Thanks alot I am going up there today to change it with the used one. Hopefully I wont have any problems with that one and like you said if I do I will be able to buy a new one and put it on in half the time it will take me to put this one on today! :lol:

user posted image

Well got up to the shop today so that they could replace the bareing and we had the car up on a hoist and my traction control and abs lights have always been up so we had it up and I seen that there was a wire that had been disconected and it had a hole bunch of grime and stuff in it so I cleaned it all up plugged it back in, I figured that was what it was for anyways got the car down I got in turned the key no more lights! :lol:

user posted image

Sounds like a wheel speed sensor was disconnected. ABS won't work without it.

Yes that was the coad I was getting!

user posted image

Archived